Lamb & Chippys

A.A. Barry

Not a good start for the build, I messed up the P/Pal invoice shipping address, oh well it should be OK, with Colin and Danny at the helm.

So here we go

my Chippy will be pulled along with a Thunder Tiger 75FS, it should sound great in the air, variouss colour schemes are available, but I will just keep it simple

"Balsa bashers start your engines"

B

Alex no problem, I carn't be too strange after all, , Danny that's odd about JB's plan, I have always thought the direction of the grain was THE most important balsa bashers freind.... umm I'll stick with my idea's.

It's a nice calm sunny morning here, if the oates crop wasn't in and knee deep I'd throw a model up, but...I'll spend some time on the tailplane instead

Cheers all

B

I seem to have problems with uploading pic's from my library, yea I know ....."go to posting pics tutorial "on this site, but nowdays surly one should be able to extract pic's from ones own album face 5

A few trs back I used to send pic's to photobucket, but that's a lot of muckin about

B

Edited By A.A. Barry on 07/10/2014 02:34:17

Framework glued up on the tailplane, yet to sheet, nice laser cut, the parts actually fit, elevators done and I still have to sand them to shape, I posted a thread on "Chip Shop" in regards to obtaining a wire horn, seems as tho they are things of the past, shame, anybody help me out??

I could bend and solder one but, it's nice to have a pretty commercial one

Till next time

Baaaaa

Framework glued up on the tailplane, yet to sheet, nice laser cut, the parts actually fit, elevators done and I still have to sand them to shape, I posted a thread on "Chip Shop" in regards to obtaining a wire horn, seems as tho they are things of the past, shame, anybody help me out??

I could bend and solder one but, it's nice to have a pretty commercial one

Till next time

Baaaaa

• 2 weeks later...

We have had 38mm of rain over the 2days, so it's been a great time to build, Planking top fuz is tedious work but enjoyable, because of the bend at F8, I choose to stop the planking there. I added another former F8 back to back so as to give the rear planking something to hold onto. almost finished the top 1/2, then to sand it down

Baa

planking chipmunk

Yes John, I can see now why it is imperative to keep the engine bearers in the build,otherwise there would be very little strength in the nose, I am inclined to add a little more strength in that area owing to my choice of a 4st power unit.

Sun shine in the morning so it's back to farm duties frown

Barry

Lower fuz 1/2, I've been thinking about the strength in the ft fuz,I have come up with this idea, the 1/8" sheet doubler I will subsitute for 2 pieces 1 x 1/32 ply and 1 x 3/32 balsa, using epoxy I will glue them in stages, firstly the ply then add the other formers to keep the profile, then add the balsa doubler sheet coated with epoxy, then the planking, all that should help

Baaa

003.jpg002.jpgI opted for 1/16 ply and 1/16 balsa, after consulting with other chipperteers the Formers F3 and F6 where extended down to the crutch. First stage was to glue in the 1/16 ply doubler along the crutch line, leave it to dry and then bend around the formers, only to find that the ply also bent outwards in between F6 and F3, so a strip was added to that edge, problem solved, I also wetted the ply. The problem in the futuer is when the wing seat is cut away, will the fuz still distort, cross that bridge when I get to it... see pic's

001.jpg