Arising Star - first build

Nelmo

Confirming the sequence:

Tx OFF; Rx OFF

Place bind plug in Batt/Bind socket.

Connect battery to any channel in the Rx, making sure the battery is well-charged. The Rx LED - and that of any attached satellite Rx - will start flashing at a high speed.

Switch on the Tx, holding the bind button down.

The Rx lights should slow the rate of flashing - it may take a few seconds - then go solid.

Tx should confirm Rx is bound.

Remove the bind plug before disconnecting the Rx battery.

Make sure your Tx is a metre or more away from the Rx - having it too close can interfere with the bind process.

Can you remind me which Tx and Rx you are binding?

Pete

If in doubt nelmo take the whole lot (model, radio batteries etc) to the shop where you bought it and ask them guide you through it. there is always a chance your rx is duff and that's why it wont bind. You could save yourself some time and frustration as well as being shown exactly how to do it and that's always easier than a video or written description.

Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 23/11/2014 18:15:32:

Nelmo, if you have a solid Rx light with the Tx switched off, then my guess is that you have the battery plug plugged in the wrong way round.

Ah, that sounds plausible ...

Pete, yes that is the process I was trying...spektrum tx and rx....

Voila, I have motion! Thank you all...all my connectors were in the wrong way round blush

The local club i wanted to join have shut up shop for the winter because their field is partly flooded and access is difficult because the council are doing some work near it, which does not finish until Jan.

As my model is pretty much finIshed, would it be unwise of me to try getting the engine going and run-in by myself? I've read various websites and threads about what to do and the instructions that came with the engine are pretty detailed and i feel confident about it...sensible? Stupid?

If you're unable to use the model at the moment anyway, I'd wait until your local club gets going again next year and ask someone who knows what they're doing to show you how it's done. As you say, it's not particularly difficult but without any previous experience to draw on, you do risk cooking the engine if you miss any of the warning signs that an experienced modeller will pick up on immediately.

Just another bit of advice, be selective when choosing your 'expert' and avoid the 'club know all' at all costs! Go for the chap that starts his engines without trouble, doesn't spent five minutes before every flight twiddling with the settings, and through observation, rarely goes 'dead stick'.