Electric Sea Fury

Advert

What a Hansome threesome you make pity about the blokesI intend a little tidying and Im going to stick with the set up that Phil had it,which is an SC91 2 stroke and see how it fairs.I do have a large motor,speed controlle and Lipo all never used bought for a Sitfir that never happened ,so could go electric at no cost if I decide,Id rather stick with IC at the moment.Ill do some photos shortly

That's great that it helped, there's more photos in my Fury Album.  Both of mine and Dannys.

(Mods - the link button is taking me to a popup with the words "this area you are attempting to access is forbidden" so I've just pasted the link this time)

Thanks Chris,how did you make the silver on the sides just behind the cowls,are they inlets,when I first saw the Fury sy Phil I thought that part was damaged and pushed in .I have to fit new fixing blocks for the cowl first most  of  them are damaged.The engine needs putting back in also.You caught me out with one photo,I saw on with an open cowl and the restraining hook at the back.Mine has the hook fitted so I thought that was the norm.Its also had some grillesfitted at the front of the wings but not to well.

The shiny bits were originally Dannys idea, they are self adhesive aluminium tape from Halfords. He has dulled his down a little with scotchbrite which is a little more realistic.

I think they have a couple of functions, one is to deflect the hot exhaust coming from all the little exhaust ends just poking out from the cowl, and also the rear half seems to open and close, probably for engine cooling?

Looking at this photo, I think I've gone too far back with mine..

my pilot looks lost he is a midget.My first job is to replace the cowl mounts but although I downloaded the manual forgot to bring it home,not sure if the way whats left of the mounts are fitted correctly.As phol states it doesnt look like the model has had much use,Ive been looking back at all the Sea Fury thhreads ,I think he acquired it about May 2009 and flew it 3 times..Shaun, I believe the Sea Fury you just lost was your second is that right and when did you get that one,.Are the ones you all have at present Seagull?

Yes mate is was my second one. I crashed the first one after it went dead stick and I stalled it turning finals. I bought this one earlier this year to build in time for the Greenacres fly in. And once again I stalled it, but this time I just misjudged the speed on take off and climbed too steeply before it had enough airspeed.

The model is great though it is just down to pilot error.

My pilot figure is from Petes pilots, he has an eBay shop and they are perfect for this model.

Ive started a thread on take off and landing Shaun,May I ask you.Where were you standing when you took off by the side of the model or behind it. for your maiden flight           My Pilot has "flown" in and looks great.Ive been flicking through the manual checking some things out.Looks a usual Seagull build.,I remeber reading through the posts that you were hoping to have it ready for Greenacres,I really feel for you .Do you have any plans at present?

Hi Stephen there is a video of my Fury maiden on this thread going back a few pages. I stood behind the model on that ocassion. I have now taken to taxiing out to the end of the runway and take off across in front, that way you get to enjoy a better view, it is harder to judge direction but is easier to judge speed.

I think the answer to most of your questions are in one of the two threads, mine or Shauns, if not just shout

Cheers
Danny

Dont hold back Shaun tell it as it is,I think your being to hard on yourself.Iv started on the Sea Fury,not lots to do.Firstly I removed broken Cowl Mounts and replaced them.I made some from a piece of engine mount I had left over(The Wooden sort).Iremoved the Pilot and fitted Peter the Pilot,already painted by Peter at Galaxy,hence the name.,just fits.Ive fitted the Engine,but the  cowl position doesnt look right It clears the engine easily but hardly fits over the front of the fuselage.Ive only one screw hole to go by and the corresponding hole in the cowl is to big for the screw head.As it got qiute late Ithought Id ponder over it until tomorrow.The cowl holes are a challenge,to start with they are square,so theyll need a tidy up.Not sure if Phil flew with the cowl on or off..The covering arrived but there isnt a  lot needed.Taken some photos of what Ive done so far but I have more luck loading them at work

Adding a sound system will add at least half a pound, but it would carry the weight. Its a lot of work though, the best possible sound box is full of cells.
Here is the video if you still cannot find it. The take off was a bit hairy as I didn't hold the up elevator innitially to keep the tail down, when i did get it down i was over enthusiastic and it leapt off a bit.
If you go back to page 6 Shaun you will see that I nearly re-kitted mine applying lots of power with low airspeed......... the next frame was it tip stalling the other way. Gavin was shocked by the first recovery and must have taken his finger off the shutter!!
The ailerons may not be scale but they are useful if you get into trouble.
Cheers
Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 21/08/2010 15:11:31

Yes thankd Danny I did find it ,3 and 4 look the same ,am I right.I did notice the take off,I then found another video and the Sea Fury  tip stalled on take off,the pilot shouting in anguish as it cartwheeled,it wasnt Shaun because there followed a couple of srear words.I can see what probably happened to Shaun and this model was IC.