1/3rd Classic Scale Tiger Moth -

Jez great to see respond in here. How is your hand now?

IMHO, Regarding the top cowl fixing, per the plan picture posted by Jez (first page look for post made on 8/12/14 at 05:52:56 and second picture there in) the cowl top is fixed by means of the two hinges that also fix the cowl side panels. The last bit of the hinge needs to be cut off and fixed on to the fuse. A length of piano wire passed through the hinge goes up to front and at the other end is suitably curved and bent and anchored suitably on the fuse or akin to full scale on the cowl side panels itself, this method is employed by quite a few Tiger Moth models.

Edited By Manish Chandrayan on 13/12/2016 14:10:48

Hi Manish

I was told this by a mate and have indeed pulled both the wires out and the cowl still seems very secure, so more investigation required,

thanks all

Gordon I have a tin of various springs if anyone can get me some sizes I will see whats in the tin,

chris

• 1 year later...

Hi

I am from Portugal and I had just purchased a Classic scale tiger moth KIt.

If anyone has the instructions in pdf file I would appreciate since I think that there are some pages missing in my kit.

I have never seen a Kit like this one in 30 years of building....!!!!

I had a flair kit waiting for the next project and then this 1/3 scale Tiger appeared.... I was really lucky.!!

I will decide in the future what I will do to the flair kit but I think I will sell it just in case someone is interested, because it is also a very rare kit that is not built anymore.

Thanks to all of you

Pedro

I Posted by Gordon Tarling on 15/05/2018 18:32:51:

Pedro, a lucky find indeed! I'm afraid that I only have the instructions in printed form and not a PDF of them. Do you have all the sheets of the plans/drawings? I have 10 sheets in PDF form if that would help at all.

Gordon

Gordon

I have all the plans and I also have the instructions. On the building instructions I have the page 1 to 6 , 8-10 and the page 16.

I was really lucky... It was a model that I wanted to have. I still have an unopened full kit from Flair , a quarter scale Tiger that was waiting for time to build it...But this one perfect! I have never seen a kit like this one before.

I am now finishing an Aeronca Champ 1/3 scale and will start the Tiger once this one is finished.

Pedro

• 1 year later...

Hi all;

I have inherited what I believe to be a modified Toni Clark 33% moth, but it came with a set of Heron/Classic Scale Plans. I am trying to noodle out the tail skid assembly and I am wondering if any one can share the build guide that came with the kit. I need to fabricate all the parts and can't quite wrap my head around how it all goes together.

Thx

SCott

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 08/12/2014 at 04:39, Jez Harris 1 said:

Good Morning......... I DREWOUT THIS TIGER MOTH 1/3 SCALE 20 YEARS AGO TO MAKE KITS THAT I DID .......BUT IT COST ME TOO MUCH AT THE TIME

I SOLD A FEW KITS AND BUILT A FEW ALL IN MY GARAGE WHEN I WAS A LOT YOUNGER .......FREDERICK BEARD...... WHEN I SEE THE DRAWINGS WITH AIRBRUSH 

BEHIND THE ILLUSTRATIONS I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS. REGARDS...........I SOLD THE LOT I DONT HAVE ANY PLANS BUT CAN I GET A SET. REGARDS

[email protected]

/sites/3/images/member_albums/130748/566940.jpg

The photo and video is of a model that has been throught the hands of a couple of the Dawn Patrol. It was built in 1992 by modelling supremo Peter Neate.

When I first saw it I fell in love and spent a bit of time trying to buy one, but despite seing a few Practical Scale ones, I couldnt see anything that matched the quality of the Classic Scale one.

I had all but given up, but one day whilst sitting idly on another forum - actually reading the posts about the Moth above, someone posted the following "I have a Classic Scale kit for sale"....A KIT - A COMPLETE AND UNSTARTED KIT!!! - These are rarer than rocking horse droppings!

Without hesitation I bought it - £700 for a 20 year old kit...Had I gone mad??...

Well that was March 2013 - the kit has been staring at me for almost 2 years - The 1/3rd scale Mick Reeves Pup is finished, the 1/4 Scale Fokker Dviii is in the stages of the last bit of weathering, so there is no reason to put it off any longer...

Jez

Edited By Jez Harris 1 on 08/12/2014 04:57:48

• 4 months later...

Hi Jez, I have a set of the 1/3 scale plans from Ian Castle from some time in the 80’s to 90’s.  I learned to fly in 1958 at Wiltshire School of Flying (Jackaroo & Tiger). Started at Silver City in 1960 (Bristol Freighter & DC3) now retired from aviation 2000.  Built and operated a boatyard in Grenada 2000 till COVID.  The operation now taken over by my two sons .  Now retired at 83 with lots of time on my hands, will finally start the build. Is there a source where I can get the 6 metal sheets of scale fittings for the Tiger.  Your help would be greatly appreciated 

Glyn. 
[email protected]