Taranis battery upgrade

Geoff Gardiner

Hi all.

I have purchased a Taranis and am getting to grips with it - liking it so far.

I have had to take it apart and adjust the tension on the throttle stick as it was not completely shutting off and I was getting a throttle warning when switching on. This tweak combined with calibrating the throws seems to have solved the issue. Has anyone else had this problem?

My main question is that I have upgraded the battery to a HobbyKing 1500mah 9.9v Life tx battery, and I am not sure what to set the battery meter range and low battery alarm to - for best results. Has anyone encountered this?

Advert

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've bought this battery for my Taranis Plus but the power connector is the wrong one.

Is it simply a matter of moving the positive wire in the black plug and using that, or do I need an adaptor?

TIA Shep

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__17955__HobbyKing_1500mAH_LiFe_3S_9_9v_Transmitter_pack_.html

• 2 months later...

Using an iCharger 306B I put my HK 1500mah Life battery on a balance charge. All well until it sounded a warning beep and the screen read High Voltage cell. I took the battery off and checked the voltages: 3.32.3.32 & 3.72

Does that indicate a u/s battery or might a re-cycle charge fix it? The battery is three months old.

Clearly the cells are out of balance. Whether you charger will do this I don't know, but you could try putting it on a charge at just 100 or 200mA. With any luck the balancing circuit will then hold the high cell off from getting charged until the other two come up to the same voltage. The balancing circuits often operate at 100 to 200 mA.

Mike.