Identity help please

Wiltshire Flyer

Advert

Got the plans for the Ridge Runt but the top line of the fuze doesnt look right, the canopy is too bulbous compared to the plan, the wing should be about 54'' and one piece, fairly thin section flat underside, rounded LE with an almost flat rise to the main spar then rounded to a flat after-surface to the trailing edge, on yours the aileron is much longer than the plan.

If I hadnt broken up and scrapped my old Ridge Runt just a couple of weeks ago I could give you a better comparison, is the after-deck curved aft of the trailing edge?...

The Coyote shares a very similar outline but,

On the Ridge Runt the bottom of the fuselage is flat

On Coyote the top of the fuselage is flat

Other than that they are hard to tell them apart. From memory the Coyote has larger ailerons.

Gordon

Thanks WF, is it one piece the wing? If so I'm guessing off the guidance on here it could be the Ridge Runt with a modified canopy.. The latter makes it more attractive, too me anyway!

Thanks so much, be good to get a postive ID before I acquire the plans !

Thanks again and have a good weekend.

WF, it is indeed a nice one, and I think the canopy enhances it.. so many look ugly with a flat top deck for a "canopy"..

Lets me know how it flies when you get some air time in, keen to hear about the electric mods to the front end..

Have a good w/end.. looks like building weather too me!

I will let you know 👍

As far as electric mods go mate, I could see that it had a brushed motor inside at some point, so I decided to put my motor and esc from my old FMS LET13 in it.

It's by no means "neat" I just chopped the nose, glued on a piece of ply and screwed it on.

For testing I am using the original prop/spinner combo from the LET, if it goes well I shall upgrade the prop and spinner.

Having recently moved (only about a mile away) I am still to wander the wonderful fields and slopes around here, so I have popped the motor in just in case there is no close slope.

And after testing, I may enclose the motor, but for now it's out in the breeze!