Setting up twin ESC's

Steve_Wright

Advert

I did both together on mine. I also put in a V tail mixer with a spare channel mixed to rudder through it to give some differential throttle, the spare channel was mixed to rudder so I could vary the %age mix and also switch it out. I'd made my twinstar a tail dragger and it was the only way I could stop it from ground looping on take off.

It is a me too!

I have just programmed my Bf 110, its a twin. Both done together.

I inadvertently left both with power supplied in addition to using a separate BEC for the Rx. It did not make a jot of difference to the operation. However, being cautious I have disabled both the +ve supply to both ESCs, relying on a separate BEC.

I operate a delta twin

again both programmed together. In this case one of the +ve feeds to that ESC has been disabled. Relying on the BEC of one of the ESCs only. I understand that this is considered standard practise.

It does does depend on the ESCs.

Many have 'auto throttle range' so you don't have to do anything unless you want to programme in some feature not included in the 'factory' set up.

I have not programmed anything on all my twin prop and EDFs - just connected them up.

Also as I know they all are 'linear' BECs all the red wires have been left connected as well! wink 2

Having braking set 'on' means the prop will stop in flight, whereas with it set 'off' the prop will continue to freewheel in the breeze.

A freewheeling prop induces a lot of drag so gliders have the brake set 'on', to stop and fold the prop. I tend to have 'power' type models set with the brake off to give me some prop-braking when going downhillsmile

Pete