Getting the Hots

Advert

Very kind fellas. I am in a bit of a retro spell, as AndyH says...taking me back. They were good then, so I have heli's, hotliners, 3D nitro, petrol and electric, foamies galore, and just fancied hopping into a time machine, to see if my memories as an 11yr old flying one, are still valid in this day and age, with modern engines, fuel and lighter radio gear...Really enjoyed balsa bashing and coming up with what is kind of like an old friend!.

John, I cant take too much credit for the scheme...kind of robbed it, made a few tweaks, but it is "of the era" and looks better than I thought.

Fingers crossed for good weather sometime soon, and then a ponder on what to knock up next...

I have access to some FU2's and FU3, as Pete says, parc amber mounts and pipes aswell....but also have a DSM Excelsior (little one), which I have a YS63s itching to use on!!...

Glad you like it and thanks for the feedback...bit of nostalgia never hurts!wink 2

if it was built by the old fella, it would be strong and light and fly great, but would look like one of your models!! wink

All my own work....you will be able to see it in more detail when the bits are in a bin bag!!! cheeky

Nahh, should be OK, my mini panic is my own and you see how well that goes...

The original Dan Santich one from the RCModeller magazine blown up and yes it does have the formers. My old man had it scaled up ages ago and quite a few people have used it since to build them over the last 15 or so years. Although in the mag, the plan had one wing 1" longer than the other to discourage the "scaler upper", but easily remedied and many have flown very well off this original plan.

Thanks for the info ....although I think the original was in Model Airplane News rather than RCM. Certainly the plan is still available from MAN - No FSPO4841. That's also the Midwest kit one ( narrow ailerons) which is on Outerzone now but without formers shown. Seems to be a one piece model.

Lots of other version of the Hots were published too.

RCM January 2002 published the Hot Hots with massive ailerons, bolted on wings etc. RCM plans are not sold now but most are available to download but not this one as the magazine plan was incomplete ( partly obscured) and people are searching for a complete copy of this plan to make it available for download..

• 1 month later...