chipmunk plan RM 276

john borrill

Thanks Jim found the Canopy and cowl on e/bay but unable to ship to Australia ?? would like to get the mag with the article in Jan 1984 radio modeler , found it on E/Bay but whole year and will not ship to Australia ,

found building a bit of a challange still working on the wing ,

Thanks John Borrill

Posted by john borrill on 07/02/2015 13:12:15:

Thanks Jim found the Canopy and cowl on e/bay but unable to ship to Australia ?? would like to get the mag with the article in Jan 1984 radio modeler , found it on E/Bay but whole year and will not ship to Australia ,

found building a bit of a challange still working on the wing ,

Thanks John Borrill

Can't they just put the stamps on upside down?

Seriously though, I can't see why that would be a problem. I sent a little OS Pixie single channel set to someone in Japan by airmail at very reasonable cost - no more difficult than sending it to Tunbridge Wells, bar filling in a customs declaration.

Some info here - and maybe more usefully, a possible link to Roger Pegg (from 2012 so fairly recent).

Edited By Martin Harris on 07/02/2015 13:41:51

Kc, just to clarify, I didn't say that it was the Jan issue that was needed. I simply pointed to an available copy of the Jan mag as that is what John himself said he was looking for

Posted by john borrill on 07/02/2015 13:12:15:

....... would like to get the mag with the article in Jan 1984 radio modeler ,............

Thanks John Borrill

Jan to Jun is only 1 letter difference!

It's definitely in the June 84 Radio Modeller. I have the magazine, but there is some problem with my scanner at the moment, but in due course I will scan it if you haven't got a copy frome somebody else first.

Thanks Guys for all your help , but would you belive rememberd one of my Mates down in Sydney had a great pile of old Magazines so gave him a call !! and you gused it he had a copy of the june RCM with the Chipunk in it , he is going to post to me

Nice to be in touch with some real modellers , must admit I do have some Fomies shame on me Ha Ha

will post some photos of the wing up to date

John Borill

Edited By john borrill on 08/02/2015 11:08:13

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys

Just fitting the wing to Fuz but it seems to be to high at rear not much info or photos ,is the T/e shaped to conform to the rear of Fuz just a little confusing ? everyting appears to the correct size , found some photos in the Chip Shop

one shows a nice Texta line where the wing is carved to fit the shape of the Rear Fuz but plan a bit Vague in this area can not seem to find a good photo , of the center section in that area ??

Thanks John

You may be interested in my own Chippie built from this plan when it first came out (was it that long ago, really?) It was not what I would call an easy build, challenging more like, but very satisfying. This was in the days when servos were not throw away items like today, so economies dictated a single aileron servo centrally mounted with Sullivan gold rods to bellcranks to the control surfaces - all Futaba S128's if I recall - the standard 4 cell ni-cad, and (luxury, here!) a brand new Laser 75 up front. I flew it for many years, regularly, broke the cowl frequently because of the bendy undercarriage, and other minor bits of hangar rash. It was epoxy-glass sheathed, with solartex flying surfaces, and in RAF trainer colours. I loved it. Many years on, I sold it to a fellow club member - a very experienced display pilot, who was looking for a scale 'hack' for everyday flying. He replace the virtually knackered laser with a 150, replaced the single aileron servo with outboard mounted S148's and bought a new cowl. That was about six or seven years ago, and he is still flying it as his favourite model, day in, day out - it has had probably had approaching a thousand flights in its near 30 year history, and is still much admired. John flies it beautifully - and it still has the wobbly undercarriage!