This is a truely great model shop i would recomend it

I have recently purchaced a new balsa usa kit from pegusus models. They offer fantastic service and actually spend time talking to you and advising you on what to buy. I will only be using these in future as there mail order was next day and well packaged with no damage. It makes a refreshing change the service i use to get from smc and als hobbies was poor. They just wanted your money and no service. They always sound like how dare you call them and ask them a question. But i think pegusus is a market leader in the mail order model shop market.

This is my opinion and i mean no offence by it just want to know what others think of the service they get from such model shops.

I've not dealt with the shops that you mentioned, but from personal experience Inwood models have always been extremely helpful and efficient. I had a delivery from them that was damaged in transit and they sent a replacement by return post.

The best company to deal with in this hobby is Just Engines, they are incredible. They seem to treat their customers as friends and their service is second to none.

I have used SMC many times and I can't fault them at all. Always courteous, helpful and goods usually arrive the next day. I have also found Robotbirds to be extremely helpful and very efficient too. In fact I can't think of a model shop that I have recently used that could honestly be criticised for seriously bad service.

Always get great service from BRC; ditto Puffin - and John is really so helpful. Also had great service from Al's - they once sent me the wrong kit but corrected it next day, post free. Really helpful.

I must be one of the lucky few that have never yet (touch wood!) had a problem buying mail order or on-line ........... got some 'dodgy' stuff off ebay though :-(

GG

Barry,
Have to agree with you about Pegasus in Norwich. It's my "local" shop and Tony and the guys always make you feel welcome.
As you've already found out they stock a lot of quality American kits and hardware that is sometimes difficult to find elsewhere.
Having said that I also get great service from Inwoods as well.But I'm afraid Al's hobbies don't get my vote.

Just my 2p worth

• 2 months later...
This is a late message on the subject, but perhaps it will get read. Out of the shops/suppliers mentioned, SMC, Puffin, Inwoods, Just Engines, Whitchurch Models are always reliable. Another two are Bekra of Newton Abbot and Gliders Distribution which are both excellent.
In contrast there is a well known model shop which I have visited, special trip, several times, (120 mile round trip, costing me at least £30 in petrol each time.)
I have bought items from them by mail order, they have had many hundreds of pounds off me over 20+ years and I will NOT now use them. The reason, I cut and extended the lead of one new £4.99p. mini servo which was then found to be defective.
Yes I do know how to solder, 50+ years experience including wiring up Royal Navy electronic contracts.
The Shop returned the servo to me, which cost them a padded envelope and postage and a letter, and told me that the written condition of buying it was that they would not replace it if the lead had been cut!(They would have not been able to sell it on again anyway because it was defective!) So, there are dozens of other very good suppliers out there, including those mentioned and in the U.S.A. and Hong Kong and I will use them instead. (I am not going to mention the name of the shop.)Perhaps the moral of the story is to test your new servos before you extend leads and install them.

Peter, I will not mention the name of the shop because when I bought the servos there was a note in the package stating that they would not replace the servo if the wire had been cut. Several weeks elapsed before I installed the servo and I had forgotten all about it. So the shop is probably giving good service to its customers, I just know that SMC etc. would not act in the same way.
If the shop mentioned does not want my custom then they will not get it.

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

I am in the middle of Ireland and there are less model shops here then fingers I have on one hand. One is great but is miles from me. I buy loads of stuff now over the net using ebay and amazon. I would like to source stuff for models now aswell over the net but I am not sure which people, there are 100s if not thousands of model internet shops.

Can anyone recommend from experience good internet shops in the UK, Hong Kong, USA, ebay or anywhere in the world that ship internationally. It would be great and I can imagine that u get great prices in some of these countries compared to home.

Thanks.