BMFA Classifieds back up & running.

Advert

The site looks easier to navigate than before & seems far quicker. The only downside seems to be the lack of the region filters the old site had.

Back to convincing yourself that the "Never flown" bargain is worth the 400 mile round trip. laugh

Ask a question is only available to registered members; not sure if it was before? I understand the need to register to advertise, but my club is not affiliated with the BMFA - so to use the site now (in any way) I need to be a member.

Not sure about that - I have in the past got some great deals from the classifieds, but should I now pay £32 for the privilidge of asking a question?

Maybe not, sorry guys I uphold all that the BMFA stands for, but looks as though I've lost out crying

Or have I got it wrong?

It's to prevent idiots from messing you and the website - by having only BMFA registered members, the chance of being scammed is much less - your details and a payment has to be made before you can buy/sell on the site. Before, as here, that was it's short-comings. I won't advertise on here anymore, as all I had is scam attempts.

As I remember, I sold nothing at all here or bought nothing, but had 3 attempts to scam me. the choice you got is join BMFA or use Ebay...

Edited By Paul Marsh on 19/02/2015 20:26:12

Justin,

I'm in two minds and see your point. I've been a member of the BMFA in the past, no problem. I've bought stuff from them at various shows and online.

I'm now a member of a club ( and have been for 4 years) that has thier own insurance. This now leaves me in a position that I can neither advertise or purchase from the classifieds without parting with £32.

I'm quite happy to pay for a one off advert, as I do on ebay - but it doesn't cost me to purchase anything. No I would not expect to advertise in a paper for free, (I'd use Gumtree!). However if the BMFA charged per advert for non - members I would of course pay to advertise. Obviously that's an overhead on the 'membership' database of course.

Of course full members who are advertising are now reaching a potentially smaller audience.

I don't know of anywhere where it costs to join an organisation jut to purchase from thier classifieds...

As I said, someone tell me I'm wrong!

If that's how it will be run from now on I have no axe to grind, and I certianly wish the BMFA well.

Stevo

It's no different to before. If the person placing the advert decides they only want to be contacted by members they can. If they want to provide contact details for anyone else they can too. The difference with this system is they can decide ad by ad instead of globally.
Sounds like your best course of action for is to persuade your club to take the very sensible step of affiliating to the BMFA.