Non-standard Hitc receiver

TheFlyingCrust

A few months ago I bought a couple of these to see how good they were.

In use they seem to work fine. I'm only trying them in a low value foamie with no non-flyers nearby - just in case, To get a bit of confidence in them, but I'd noticed that on startup the servos jittered somewhat and their travel wasn't smooth. At one point before launch 2 days ago the elevator ceased functioning for 5 seconds.

Errrr. Discretion being the order of the day I packed everything up to investigate later. Today I decided to do said investigation. And all the above problems resurfaced but no worse. I thought it might be a binding issue which I re-did with no change.Then I did a range check and the problems all disappeared! Curious. That got me thinking so with receiver energised and Tx (Aurora) in hand I started to back away from the receiver, twiddling the sticks as I went.

At about 1/2 metre the problems were ever present with some strange behaviour. At about 1 metre the issues were less. At 2 metres the problems had all but disappeared. At 3 metres - no issues whatsoever with smooth output from the servos. Just to say all the above applies to both receivers.

The only conclusion I can come up with is the signal strength from the close proximity of the Tx swamps the receiver causing these problems.

My confidence is now restored. I just have to be aware when doing pre-flight checks and launching solo.

Your thoughts? Has anyone had issues with these alternative receivers for Hitec or other brands?

Ian

Edited By TheFlyingCrust on 22/02/2015 18:26:08

Advert

Posted by Paul Marsh on 22/02/2015 19:23:48:

I don't like using non genuine rx's not worth it, although on foam models it's not as bad, but still.

You're perfectly ok with these, they're Simons receivers. (Simon's a forum member here)
I remember a few posts on RCG saying that they can swamp at very close range but in general use they're fine.

Cheers
Phil

Ian sorry for not jumping in here earlier, i fly with my trusted aurora and only use Hitec gear. Though i did trial with that receiver ect and had my elevator (only) shudder and lock up whilst within 1 metre but free up during normal flight. When trialing new aftermarket equipment i always use a cheap foamie glider and this stuff failed. I never gained confidence in it sadly. Though my Optic 6 and Hitec gear works perfect. Maybe a bad batch!? but i'd rather buy genuine for a few £ more than risk an aircraft.

Scott