Ar610 Rx Mounting

trebor

Is it possible to mount the Rx upside down, instead of having the small antenna pointing to the sky could I mount it looking down at the ground ? As long as I keep the antennas at 90deg from each other would I be ok ? It's just where I want to mount it the small wire antenna would get bent by the wing if I don't mount it looking at the ground.

Also how close to another servo can I mount it ?

Edited By trebor on 27/02/2015 11:32:48

Advert

Yes, no problem the Rx will work in any orientation. I have mine mounted just above the vent hole with the long antenna clear taped along the bottom of the fuselage. You can mount the Rx adjacent to a servo but keep the antennas so that they have the best possibility of seeing the Tx without obstruction. There's a good 'how to' video on the Horizon Hobby site.

Yes you can mount an AR610 receiver in any orientation. I have a Radian with a 610 upside down and only 1cm away from the rudder and elevator servos. It's well away from the ESC though. The 610 has a long wire with an amplified antenna at the end. That's more critical than the short wire. My Radian has been very high up and a long way away with no radio problems at all.