'New' Returner Mid Sussex

Kim Taylor

Hi to all,

As per title, I'm returning to the hobby after a break of 30+ years (where did the time go?).

Based in Mid Sussex now, used to be a member of the Epsom MFC but obviously now considering options regarding local clubs.

In the meantime, I've bought an E-Flite Apprentice RTF to get myself going again, as all the gear I've been carefully storing in the loft is (predictably) u/s due to being left too long without being charged / used. I'm also under no illusions that I'll be pretty much starting from scratch, although I have operated r/c cars more recently, so I'm hoping the old bugbear of control orientation will be less of a problem than when I first started.

I've got access to fields on a local farm, so waiting for a suitable day to give it a go - was going to be today, but we've got gales blowing here, so a definite no go - perhaps next week!

Going back to local clubs, I've found a number in relatively easy reach (30 minutes drive) but my nearest is / was Mid Sussex Flyers, flying at a site near Wivelsfield Green. When I first looked, about 6 weeks ago, they had a website up and running, but now it's disappeared!! Does anyone here know if the club still exists, and if so, contact details? I'll also put up another thread in the flying sites section to try to make contact.

Anyway, I've gone on long enough, again hi to all and thanks in advance for any club contacts anyone may be able to provide.

Kim

(for the avoidance of doubt, I'm a bloke, always have been. Just got a name that works with either sex)smiley

Advert

Posted by kc on 29/03/2015 15:38:12:

A quick check of the BMFA club finder produced this website seems live and to give contact details, flying times etc

Most clubs spend more time flying than attending to their website!

Edited By kc on 29/03/2015 15:39:01

Thanks to all for getting back to me.

Looks like the link I saved for the site has gone wrong - as you say, the site is working OK.

I'll follow this up when the wind stops blowing.

Kim