Starmax P51 Mustang. Have you put one together ??

ericrw

I bought a new Starmax P51 EPO, 1600 wingspan Mustang from Long Marston show. It has a Chinese instruction book which is lacking in detail, especially how to connect up the retract tailwheel, among other things ! So I`m hoping that someone on the forum has successfully built this model and can advise me ! Thanks, Eric.

Advert

Thanks for responding Tony but the instruction booklet, as you can see is very short on detail and I am aware of the link with rcgroups but the build blog, does not give much detail on the basic build. In particular the retractable tailwheel. Eric.

• 1 year later...

After crashing my mustang, I`ve decided to install an e-flite Apprentice S rx. The Apprentice model has a on/off switch on the outside of the fuselage this because you have to hold the model steady prior to take off and then switch it on. So I am assuming that I will have to do the same on the Mustang. I have obtained an on/off switch; it has 3 wires from the switch. I put the female one into the power line from the ESC , then I put the second wire into the Aux on the rx but where do I put the third wire. Cheers, Eric.

Simon, I don`t have a rx battery; the esc goes straight into the receiver. On a test bed I rig up to test the switch, I connected the female lead from the switch, direct to the esc power lead and then connected one of the male leads from the switch to the throttle port on the rx./ That set up worked but still left one male lead from the switch redundant. I only use lipos apart from the tx.