Sipa S-200 In Depron

Posted by Simon Chaddock on 15/04/2017 23:59:25:

Stephen

Very nice,

And just to complete the picture the weight of the 30mm EDF Sipa is?

Sorry, Simon i some how missed this post.

Well to Complete the missing info My new Depron Sipa Weigh before i added the Solar Film was 433g.

And my not yet Finished EDF Sipa is a mere 89g.

Steve.

Advert

Well, the weather looked better so of to the field i went.

On arrival only one other guy there a tad too windy.

So took some pictures. and had one flight Yep too windy did a couple of circuits then landed in the hope the wind would die down but it did not sad

twosipa.jpg

newdepsipa1.jpg

new depsipa.jpg

Steve.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
20 minutes ago, Kerry J. Sterner said:

Hello Steve,

I have built your S.200 but I'm having difficulty purchasing the Clear Windshield molding (Canopy) from RCM&E.

I'm located in the US.

Can you please provide me a phone no. or mailing address so I can order this item.

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Kerry S.

Have you tried here Kerry ? https://www.sarikhobbies.com/product/sipa-s-200-canopy-rc2146/

On 26/01/2023 at 21:06, Kerry J. Sterner said:

Hi John,

Thank you for your help.  I was able to place the order w/ SARIK Hobbies.  Preparing to cover model with Ultracote Parkflyer covering. I built mine with balsa. 

Looking forward to first flight.

Kind Regards,

Kerry S.

Hi Kerry, Only just noticed your replay.

Yes the only place you can order the canopy is with SARIK Hobbies.

Over the years I have built many of them and they all fly great and are fast although it does not look it. They are also easy to fly not twitchy at all.

Also it picks up speed on landing approach so keep the motor running at low speed then kill the motor just before touch down as the motor will work as a break.

I have many videos showing it flying and hand launch is safe so long as you make sure you have enough power for launch.

Easy step to make sure you have enough power for launch is to hold the model firmly while pointing it straight up to the sky gently in-cress the power to the motor and if it feels like you could let go of it ( but don't ) and it would stay there then it has enough power. A good high C rated battery will give best performance. 35c 3s 2200mA

If it does not feel as though it could hold its own weight then it would need a good run and chuck.

Remember when throwing the model that your hand continues in a downward motion as though you are reaching for your transmitter.

I have another to finish just wants spray painting then it will be ready to maiden.

New Sipa S-200.jpg
Sipa S-200 V3.2.jpg

Enjoy Steve.