Sipa S-200 In Depron

Advert

Hello again,

nose2.jpg

Before the nose can go on i had to line the inside of F1 and F1a with thin plastic sheeting ,1/64th Ply or card will also do for this. And this  is so that the Cockpit locating peg has a firm support.

nose3.jpg

As i am using 5mm Depron to make up the Cockpit hatch i have decided to use a piece of 1/4 Balsa for this.

cockpit.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

cockpit3.jpg

Steve

Edited By Stephen Jones on 05/07/2015 20:56:45

Almost There,

foamsipa.jpg

The Ailerons need cutting out and the Nose needs sanding , and the cockpit area needs finishing off .

The glazing you see resting on it at the moment is one i had done before sending of the Plug to My Hobby Stores .

And in my rush to cut it free i cut a little too much of the other side and so is no good .

I am waiting for one i ordered with David so hopefully it will arrive before the 11th or 12th .

Steve.

The Elevator is now connected up and works well .

elavator.jpg

The large Elevator horn helps stop slop and allows for reduced movement .

I have also cut out the air intake holes inside of the ducting prier to sheeting to allow cool air into the body.

air1.jpg

One hole behind the bulkhead.

air2.jpg

And one hole in front of the bulkhead on opposite side of the body.

Steve

Hi again,

Ok the build and radio installation is now finished,

sipa6.jpg

The ailerons are film hinged nice and strong and smooth operation.

ducting5.jpg

ducting4.jpg

I am pleased with the Ducting ,

i decided to use one piece of depron to form the whole Ducting rather than planking , probable took just as long too make as it would planking , but looks better for it me thinks ,

And the AUW is 524g or 1.12Lbs

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It was very windy when i got to the field today , but i was desperate to maiden this one, this weekend .

I am pleased to inform you all, she flies very well and my son Paul did a good job of keeping the model in view while taking the video .The model handheld the windy conditions better than i thought it would, despite it only weighing just over a pound.

depron sipa.jpg

Video to follow later ,

Steve

Posted by Colin Leighfield on 25/07/2015 19:06:21:

Good one Steve, you did better than me but mine could have been worse.

Well lets just say i was Lucky ,wink.

It was very windy though today , here is the video,

I will have to see if i can get the grass stains out of the belly now ,

Steve

Edited By Stephen Jones on 25/07/2015 21:33:02

Cheers Colin ,

It certainly is amazing how well it copes with the windy weather , shame my son kept stopping the video cause he lost it at times and my crap camera keeps going out of focus , you missed the rolls , loops and the landing .

Strange thing is the grass stains are not on the belly pan but on the edge of it .

Steve.

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

As some of you may of read in one of my posts i crashed it sad. While pulling Loops Rolls and High speed dives and that is when the cockpit decided to part company with the body resulting in a sudden nose dive very close to the ground resulting in ...................................

crash1.jpg

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

The following damage.

crash4.jpg

Well it has been sat there for a while on the shelf of shame.

I have now decided it is time i put it back together , i guess others would of put it in the bin but i will try and fix it, Jim wink

Steve

• 2 months later...

Stephen, to find out what sort of camera to buy and how to use it. What do you use? It certainly seems to do the job. I was wondering if one of these GoPro things with a head mounting might be a good idea.

At some point, when I have got on top of these other ongoing projects, I will build your Minijet. I've kept the power train out of the Pushy Cat, that might do it.

Hi Colin,

The Camera i was My son was using is a normal bridge camera Fuji film finepix . It does not take very good videos normally . Sunday was partly foggy in places so happy it came out as well as they did really.

Just wanted to show how easy it is to hand launch by you're self .As i think some people would be worried about hand launching, on a normal day there is usually a breeze and so i just throw it .

There was no wind on Sunday which is why i gave it a little run up 1st . As usual my camera goes out of focus and in places all you see is a blur and so miss the inverted flight , loops , rolls .

But i certainly love throwing it about the skies as did Richard Harris at Greenacres .Richard and on lookers where surprised just how fast it will go and how stable though out, Maybe it is the speed that put some of or maybe some just think it is ugly looking .

Marmite , you love it or you hate it .

Steve