Banggood - Any Good

Cant say my first impressions of them are any good! Ordered 3 mini spirit levels - parcel arrived in 2 days sent bt Royal Mail (return address Greenford London)

Inside three packages labelled as "mini spirit levels" when the first was opened it contained a padlock - the other two are the same

Contacted thier live chat customer services who said to send a email with photos/video to the customer services address

Did so (including video of opening of the second package and producing a padlock!)

So far no response....

Anyone else dealt with them?

Advert

Hi Dave,

I have made several purchases from their Hong Kong warehouse, and I have always been very pleased with what I have received. The postage times from Hong Kong can border on 4-5 weeks, but I certainly haven't had any issues with what has ben supplied.

I think they have only recently set up their EU distribution centre(s), and it sounds like they must be having a few teething troubles - not that this helps you.

Phil

Yes, I have, and found them very good. I've bought a few indoor helis and spares (V911 mostly) and they've all arrived safely albeit quite slowly if they came from Hong Kong rather than the UK.

Earlier this year, I ordered some spares for my V912 brushless heli and they were very slow in arriving. I contacted them through the web site and got a quick reply that some of the items were temporarily out of stock hence the delay. When I requested that they sent what was available, it was done without question and the rest arrived later. No complaints from me about their customer service.

Geoff

I have only placed a couple of orders with them - both from China. Both came in about 12 days and were "what it said on the tin". So on that basis I'd say they're OK. Looks like you may have just been a tad unlucky Dave - wrong address on the wrong parcel. Someone somewhere is trying to lock their shed door with a spirit level!

BEB

Another positive, from my viewpoint, was that their company name wasn't emblazoned all over their packages. I must admit I'd had some worrisome thoughts about how I would to explain to the postman and the family why I was suddenly receiving parcels labelled "Bang Good" blush Thankfully, that wasn't called for

I have ordered plenty from them without problems. As others have said, it takes a while from HK but arrives eventually.

I have had one item fail a few hours after I received it, due largely to my using a poor quality power supply to test. When I contacted them to enquire about purchasing a replacement part they said they couldn't provide the part as a spare so they sent me a complete replacement instead at no cost, and inc. free shipping. That is good service and that is why they have since received many more orders from me.

AJ

• 6 months later...
Posted by Dave Hopkin on 08/07/2015 21:33:11:

Well no response from emails to cservice or any of the social media - tried contacting the on line help chat again today - it was closed!

Considering ordering a few bits from them myself. Should they start up a UK distribution center and their customer service is better than hobbyking, I'll certainly be giving them my business

Dave, did you ever get your problem resolved??

Posted by Spice Cat on 16/01/2016 21:04:30:
Posted by Dave Hopkin on 08/07/2015 21:33:11:

Well no response from emails to cservice or any of the social media - tried contacting the on line help chat again today - it was closed!

Considering ordering a few bits from them myself. Should they start up a UK distribution center and their customer service is better than hobbyking, I'll certainly be giving them my business

Dave, did you ever get your problem resolved??

Yes in the end they accepted the video and sent the mini spirit levels and I kept the padlocks!

Ordered so other small bits since then all error free

I placed an order with them a while back and paid with my credit card, which was all accepted and authorised by the card processing company.

The next day I received an email from Bang Good saying my order had been placed on hold until I emailed them a photo of my credit card.

As this is not normal practice and I didn't want to get scammed, I declined and my order was cancelled.

Has anybody else been asked to send them a picture of their credit card ?

And did you send it ?

Posted by Biggles33 on 18/01/2016 20:11:47:

I placed an order with them a while back and paid with my credit card, which was all accepted and authorised by the card processing company.

The next day I received an email from Bang Good saying my order had been placed on hold until I emailed them a photo of my credit card.

As this is not normal practice and I didn't want to get scammed, I declined and my order was cancelled.

Has anybody else been asked to send them a picture of their credit card ?

And did you send it ?

Been trading on line for nine years and never been asked for this. Personally I wouldn't do it and think you did the right thing. Could it have been a rogue employee??

I have been dealing with them for sometime now and have nothing but praise for their goods and services. On one occasion an order got lost. An e-mail had replacements on the way. The original order arrived some days later .When I told them and offered to pay for the other package. T was thahey told me to keep them with their complements. Hows that for service ? It is worth the wait just for the PP/

If you click on RC toys a nd hobbie s 188 pages of stuff comes up. Really great stuff