Workshop Special

Tripwire

I noticed yesterday that there's a 'workshop special' (correct title?) magazine on sale. I had a flick through it and the articles seemed familiar - one was by the late David Boddington. Would I be correct in thinking, therefore, that the articles have appeared in previous issues of RCM&E?

Advert

I think some are old articles. However the Boddington one about building from plans was probably from the late 1970's or 80's and was also in the Plans Handbooks of that era. Maybe also in one or more of his books. But it is the definitive article on interpreting plans so it's worth having if you have not read it before.

I lifted a copy a few weeks back and it does seem to be similar articles, some even refer to the "next episode" I guess this means the following month.. in the RCME copy it was taken from.

Still few handy notes to have and read again.. (I tell myself that anyway), reading the new RCMW yesterday, it too has a new building from plans series by the late DB, starting this month...

Some new articles and ideas are need ASAP as I fear it may all merge into one / same old same old.. and as they head for £5 per copy per month.. one wonders who long people will pay for that.. Most newspapers and magazine seem to go the same way with so much content available to us online!!

Tough one isnt it? However, rest assured, those drawing a salary from the mags will be looking forward to dealing with this one! wink

Posted by Area 51 on 22/07/2015 17:28:51:

Some new articles and ideas are need ASAP as I fear it may all merge into one / same old same old.. and as they head for £5 per copy per month.. one wonders who long people will pay for that.. Most newspapers and magazine seem to go the same way with so much content available to us online!!

Tough one isnt it? However, rest assured, those drawing a salary from the mags will be looking forward to dealing with this one! wink

I think you're quite right - it was a few months since I last bought a magazine (until today) as there are just so many ARTF and foamy reviews that I can take! This month's RCM&E does seem to have a bit more in it so, as I was particularly interested in seeing how the Jeti DS-14 was reviewed, I bought a copy. Let's hope the trend continues!

Workshop Special was on the shelf at WH Smith at Lakeside Thurrock on Monday ( at least 2 copies)

However it should be available by mail from MyHobbyStores as well.

Edited By kc on 23/07/2015 09:15:53