Editing a post

Bill_B

I notice that when editing a post (usually down to spelling mistakes with me) the 'post edited' time stamp shows even if the post is modified straight away. Is it possible for the mods to put a time delay on this of about 1 min. like a lot of other forums seem to have? Please?

Advert

You're clearly a man like me who likes to dot his 'i's and cross his 't's, Billteeth 2

I could put it up to the techies as a suggestion but i'm not sure they'd attach any sort of priority to it - they seem to spend much of their time holding this rickety ol' platform together without having the luxury of incorporating such refinements.....wink 2

Pete

ps Just as a reminder for others - you have about 30 mins after posting to make any edits. After that, if you want changes made, just click on the 'Report' button and the first mod to see it will make any changes requested.

I was about to post something similar to Pete's reply. A lot of my posts are edited shortly after posting (I don't like to see typos and spooling mistekes wink 2, especially in my own posts, so I often go back and correct them when I spot them.)

But I don't think it's a high priority to allow a "grace" period for editing without the message being displayed, unless the coding already exists and it's just a configuration change that could be made in a couple of minutes. I rather doubt that is likely to be the case though, the forum is bespoke code rather than a standard package which would be likely to have lots of configuration options. There are more important things, in my view, that the 'techies' should be addressing on the forum.