Depron Glue - UHU POR alternatives

I know that this has been asked before, but I have seen a lot of new product names on the market.

SO...

We all know that the product always recommended for depron is UHU POR, but this is not available in the average hardware shop or builders merchants.

Can folk reccommend other products suitable for gluing depron?

Plummet

Advert

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 13/08/2015 08:45:10:

I got some in one of the Poundshops, it cost....................................

If you mean the UHU in the yellow boxes, it's more like the old balsa cement, (even smells the same), than UHU Por. It does melt most foams, I tried.

Posted by eflightray on 13/08/2015 10:54:08:
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 13/08/2015 08:45:10:

I got some in one of the Poundshops, it cost....................................

If you mean the UHU in the yellow boxes, it's more like the old balsa cement, (even smells the same), than UHU Por. It does melt most foams, I tried.

That could be the cheap stuff sold in the 99p shop smiley

Posted by kevin lane on 13/08/2015 12:08:55:

Lumberjack adhesive from Toolstation, it dries in 5 minutes with just a little foaming. only problem you have to buy 1 litre. Kevin.

Is that a fast drying version of (the original) Gorilla Glue?

And how much less foaming than GG?

Edited By Dave Hopkin on 13/08/2015 12:12:20

I was wondering about the foaming PU glues. I know that you have to clamp wooden joints well so that the foaming does not push the joint apart. Would masking tape provide enough clamping action with depron to avoid distortion?

Plummet

Edited By Plummet on 13/08/2015 16:05:41

• 1 month later...

May have found a useful CA for Depron in Poundland.

It's a small bottle of CA plus a spray can of kicker, and comes in a box if you're looking for some -- **LINK**

So far I have only tried small test pieces. 6mm on edge, and 2mm to 2mm overlapped.

A few drops of CA on one piece and a spray of the kicker on the other piece, a quick press together and seems to give a very strong join. Could not see any 'eating' of the Depron.

Worth a consideration, and a few more tests.

Ray.

Edited By eflightray on 06/10/2015 19:49:40

Edited By eflightray on 06/10/2015 19:50:05