Hi everyone 😀

Hi everyone hope you are all well,

My name is Steve and I'm 38yrs old and new to the forum,I have flown models since I was about 13yrs old and have mainly flown high wing planes including models such as the wot 4 etc,I have not flown for approx 6 yrs and have decided to get back into it (which I knew would happen at some point) so I have decided to buy a wot 4 foam-e to get me back into the swing of things,it's now all built and I'm in the process of starting to find sites to fly,

I'm presuming that after a couple of flights it will all come back to me a bit like riding a bike,I've always wanted to step up from high wing models to low wing and eventually purchase a nice aerobatic plane but the advice that I'm after is what would be the best type of low wing trainer to buy,I've done a bit of research on this and there are so many options I'm a bit confused so the more advice I can get the better,

Thank you all 😀

Steve.

Advert

I can strongly recommend the Acrowot foam e. It may not be a low wing rainer, but if you can handle the wot 4 after tuning up the rates and exploring the aerobatic capabilities of that, then the acrowot is a logical step up. It is a great little aeroplane and great value. I thought my self to fly on an easystar clone, wot 4 and then the Acrowot foamies and found this a good progression.

Edited By Delta Foxtrot on 26/08/2015 21:17:59

Welcome Steve, a chap in our club was in exactly the same situation as you last year. Learnt as a child and then came back to it 20 something years later.

Obviously everyones different but he had about 20 flights on a wot trainer before going solo and now flys a Seagull 40, low winger. Quite a nice little plane.

I think some of the Dawn Patrol lads fly near Ashbourne in a local club near you Steve.

• 2 weeks later...