TalkTalk

Dai Fledermaus

Time to await the flood of e.mails telling us we need to log onto our and change all our details and to make it easier all we have to do is click on the provided link to talktalk that has a hidden url going to somewhere in China, Russia, Nigeria (Delete as appropriate).

Watch out all the silver surfers with dementia, they will be the prime targets for this sort of scam, not exclusively though if the news reports are anything to go by, there was one the other day with a solicitor transferring all her customers money to a fake bank account, and should have been intelligent enough to spot that one a mile off.

Paul

I used to be a customer of Talk Talk several year back. My experience was one of utterly abysmal service, combined with appalling customer care. I wrote to the complaints department, executive complaints and Dido Harding - never received a response from anybody. Currently watching Dido on channel four - she has no idea and should resign immediately! In my personal view, a totally incompetent company with no interst in its customers, led by an incompetent CEO who has just admitted she knows nothing. Play back her interview on channel four and make up your own mind. I just hope my cancelled account details have been obilterated. I say again, the former is my experience!!!! Baroness - really!

HI Neil, sorry for delay in replying, Had not herd of this Harding woman previously, but in the last few days she has really shot herself in the foot. Her mention of encryption not being an option was truly astounding. Your comment above seems to be a true picture of her and her company. Cheers ps my opinion may change for the worse if anything untoward happens to my bank account.

Had nothing to do with talktalk but suspect they are not that much different from a security point of view from many others. The low life's who have stolen your details do not have the three didget security code for you bank details so you should be save as your bank should not allow any transactions without this info. Big problem is that your details will be sold on to other bottom feeders who could target you to obtain other last bit of detail to access your bank account. It's a bit of I minefield out there, not sure if any of these companies are able to keep our details safe.

Every cheque you issue has both the sort code of your bank and your account number. It's not a secret and only enables people to pay in money, not take it out. So avoiding using on-line banking etc is no protection against those data getting out.

We had some strange payments made from our credit card account a few years ago. 2 expensive flights through BA. Good job I checked the account because I was expecting it to be zero as we hadn't used it that month. I was very impressed with the speed Bank of Scotland dealt with the problem when I phoned them. They cancelled the card and issued a new one at no cost to us. I would hope Talk Talk would be as efficient.

I do suspect that not only will scammers try it on with innocent or inexperinced Talk Talk customers but Talk Talk customers may try it on with the company by claiming losses that are nothing to do with the data loss.

Geoff

I was with AOL which got bought out by Talk Talk. I pay by direct debit so only my account number and sort code is available. My bank advised that there was no real risk as that information is on every cheque and direct debit.

No one has phoned me, which is a good thing because I believe that it is an offense to use bad language over the phone and being a very nasty, suspicious, cynical old man I don't trust any phone call these days until proven otherwise.