Blade CX2

Drew Barker

hi Owen yeah everythings o.k with helis both cx2 are fine but since totally modding one its totally different to fly very twitchy a bit slower more of a challenge. the 400 is still boxed cant seem to sell it despite the low price. my fp is grounded waiting for parts from H.K my robins got a new 4n1 from H.K. failed first flight sent it back but due to the olympics customs are holding everything back so just got to wait. plus the foul weather isnt helping. hope things are o.k. with you Kevin

hi Owen yeah everythings o.k with helis both cx2 are fine but since totally modding one its totally different to fly very twitchy a bit slower more of a challenge. the 400 is still boxed cant seem to sell it despite the low price. my fp is grounded waiting for parts from H.K my robins got a new 4n1 from H.K. failed first flight sent it back but due to the olympics customs are holding everything back so just got to wait. plus the foul weather isnt helping. hope things are o.k. with you. Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys got out today first time for 10 days both cx2s going really well the modified ones a real  handful turned the gain down which helped buts its twitchy needs very small inputs makes the standard one seem very tame got  through 6 batts.the standard one still climbs faster though. all batts on charge ready for later. no wind at all today so take advantage. away on hols. next week so out as much as pos. Kevin

hi simon. yeah at last! as i said both mine ars good now its like having 2 different helis. ive had to turn the gain back quite a bit on the one with 180 motors as the tail was quivering, more torque from the motors i suppose. ive got 6 batts to charge before i get back out. i just got 2 from Budget R/C £5.99 each they go for about 10 mins good value. my nephew races buggies and touring cars just got a new pred from u.s.a. £200 gone brushless 3 new li-pos £210 but he is serious or mad. Good flying. Kevin

Just thinking, another reason why you maybe adjusting the gain between batteries, I noticed on my Blade between two E-Flight batteries that each one was different and changed how the helicopter performance. I had to adjust the gain slightly on each battery. Maybe the heli is effected by slightly different power output? Just some think to think about.....

Hi everyone,   

I'm a new young member to this website and a beginner to the Blade CX2. This is my first heli and I need some help with it! I bought it about 3 weeks ago and my first problem is that the heli leans backwards by itself (even when not flying).  This is really annoying as when hovering the heli keeps moving backwards (the hose tilts backwards) and its hard to control it. 

Secondly, the heli doesn't hover as high as it used to. When the left stick is all the way up it only hovers about 4 feet. I have no idea why this happens.

Any help or ideas will be useful. 

Thanks in advance!!!

• 4 months later...

Hi Phil

You may find it is a case of making shore the pitch is wright on the top blades as all cx helis suffer with this problem from time to time  to do this you need the heli totaly leavel and the fly bar level and if you look at the blades thay sould be sloped back not follward if not ajust the link this may help.

Happy hovering Owen. 

Thanks for the info Owen, had another look at it last night and i still cant understand how my Son and I missed the problem, especially as we both fly Raptors!!!!.

The top rotors have been fitted with two different blades, meaning that one has its trailing edge facing forward   so the only lift i was getting was from the lower rotor.

Ho hum, lesson learnt.