Dust masks

Rob Dunn

Advert

Hi Rob. I use these 3M masks **LINK**

£18 well spent. I suffer from a reaction to both balsa and superglue, and now I cannot take the top off of the bottle without masking up. They do look over the top but as I wear glasses the normal paper type masks mist me up straight away, and I do like to see what I am doing! They are also rated for organic vapours so are the thing for nasty resing work. I can also wear it for long periods of time and they are very comfortable to wear.

Cheers, Simon

Hi Rob. I like the idea of masks with replaceable filters too. I have stuck with these 3M ones more because they are so comfortable to wear and easy to breath through. If I am having a 'workshop day' I will have it on for maybe 5 or 6 hours - and although you do have to wipe the moisture out occasionally it is still comfy at the end of the day. I have used others over the years, and this is just my personal preference - I find these compact and a good fit around my face. 3M also do a replaceable filter mask for around £15 - and if it is just balsa dust then the filters are quite cheap - It might be just what you need and as comfy as my favorites. You do need a vapour type mask though if you use cyano, and the price of the filters is about £15 a pair on top of the mask. I tend to use mine a for a year and then get another, so at £18.00 it is not such bad value.

Just a side note as well, when using cyano - even with a mask - I always have some local ventilation - and open the window or door as the vapour is not good for those other moist membranes in your eyes either.

Like I say, this is just my own preference but whatever mask you choose make it a good quality one, and good luck with your search.

Cheers, Simon

Edited By mightypeesh on 01/11/2015 19:14:28

Thanks for the advice steve,

I have decide to buy the 3m mask and another with replaceable filters to see which one i prefer, The one i dont like will do to the father as he is restoring an MGB GT so will not go th waste.

Mowerman didn't i see you in a Batman filmlaugh