A long screw in a tight hole?

Posted by Gurth Scriven 2 on 03/11/2015 22:42:14:

You could also have a look at Airtek - he's starting to get quite a few odds and ends lately - looked as if he might have what you're looking for. Agree M.F. do an excellent job, but unless things have changed, there's a minimum transaction value to consider - just a thought.

I can't say I ever have any problem finding enough bits and pieces from Modelfixings to make up any minimum order charge. I like to keep my stock of metric nuts, bolts ready for most eventualities There's not much that I need that Ian at MF doesn't stock in the fixings line and postage is always very prompt.

Geoff

My problem with modelfixings is to stop finding things to add to my list be cause "It will be useful!!"

Anyone who does not use their caphead servo screws just doesn't know how much time and effort they are wasting, same with engine mounting screws.

I needed some longer than average 6mm nylon bolts for my toilet cistern lid. THE ONLY PLACE that I cold find ones that were long enough was model fixings.

If by some miracle you can't find them on Modelfixings or don't want to make up the minimum order then Ebay is a good source of odds and ends in small quantities - for example M2 * 20mm stainless

ps - I find it best to use slightly longer screws than necessary as it gives more wiggle room when locating them in the backing plate.  Once tightened cut them down with side cutters then take the burr off with a needle file.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 04/11/2015 08:30:07

This thread title reminds me of a very very old joke. Its not at all PC and the mods may wish to remove it.

"A long time inmate of a mental institution escaped and whilst on the run broke into a local laundry. Whilst there he sexually assulted a female worker and then run off. Next day the headlines in the local paper read, Nut Screws Washer - Bolts. "