Anyone else for a Depron Ballerina?

Dave Hopkin

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 15/01/2016 23:02:01:

Watching people build in Depron amazes me! One day I must have a go! Looks great Dave

BEB

I keep thinking that but the only depron model I've made so far was Maurice Ashby's Dep Stik!

I've had 3 sheet of depron for about 4 years now and still not been brave enough to make anything of any size from it!

Posted by Chris Barlow on 16/01/2016 20:34:24:
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 15/01/2016 23:02:01:

Watching people build in Depron amazes me! One day I must have a go! Looks great Dave

BEB

I keep thinking that but the only depron model I've made so far was Maurice Ashby's Dep Stik!

I've had 3 sheet of depron for about 4 years now and still not been brave enough to make anything of any size from it!

Just stand at the edge of the deep end for a moment...... dont worry...... SPLASH there you go, what could possibly go wrong?

Just get stuck in!

Just had a weigh in

1380g add 150g for the covering and odds n sods should be coming out at under 1500g so around the 3lb 8oz mark before 1lb of battery.....

Slightly concerned that I may have to extend the rear of the battery box back towards F4 to get CoG right, it can be done but it will be a faff if needed - Hopefully the covering on the tail should shift the balance point back a bit!

Having a touch of "Ghandi's Revenge" following a take away last night... only doing jobs that can be put down and restarted easily!!!! blush

So covering the wing to prevent hanger rash.. hummed and haaed over the colour scheme, yellow was out and I seem to have a great preponderance of red planes, so white and blue was decided on...

dscf1166.jpg

Well looking back at my predictions for this before I started building..... I estimated 3 to 3.5lb, the final weight without the Lipo is 3lb 13oz so a little over my original estimate - with a 4S 4000Mah Lipo it goes up to 4lb 12oz - so still significantly lighter than a Balsa Build (and I suspect considerably cheaper!)

Power (on the 4s and a 13" prop) gives me 633W pulling 41Amp - approx 140w/lb - so I will probably drop it down to a 12" prop before the maiden to calm it down a little.... (though my test pilot will probably go into a Clarksonesque mode and demand "more power" wink )