E-flite Sea Fury

Advert

Well, tonight the Sea Fury maidened!

Despite the very strong wind (14kts), it successfully took off and flew three circuits. Landing was sporty as it didn't want to come down and just sat in the hover for quite a while. Everything worked as planned, and as it was my first 2.4ghz flight as well, I landed feeling pretty chuffed.

Sadly no flying photos though as it was a bit dark and I was having trouble controlling the wind (steady in the cheap seats!) and turbulence. No trim was required and it flew beautifully with plenty of power, but I would say that it was much too windy to get the best of it, barely moving into wind and rocketing downwind.

Overall, very, very pleased though.

Also maidened my Ripmax Spit! Quite a night really.

What a flyer though, fantastic. 400w of power meant it leapt out of the hand and looked fab in the air.

Nice one winchy - however, I thought your powertrain was 200 watt - I know the prop you selected made it a little higher than it should be, but how have we suddenly jumped to 400 watts?

On a 3s LiPo that means you are pulling 38A - and the 18A motor and 25A ESC will not be happy for very long

To stop mine I had to first ensure that the servos were at neutral before fitting the arms. Then I used EPA on my tx to ensure that the gear locked up / down without stalling (buzzing). When I used my Spektrum DX7 I also had to use offset to acheive this. What radio are you using?

Not had mich time to be able to work on mine anymore yet, I'm working on the drawings for a 5 blade hub,the spinner will be spun on my dremel using foam,and am hoping imbedded magnets will hold it on.

I bought mine from Wings and Wheels, Inwoods had them for sale at just £49.99.(show price I think,they only had 2)