Nostalgia aint what it used to be........

Dave Hopkin

One area where you perhaps see a difference of attitude is perhaps reflected in the following. I went to an old Grammar Scool. The head master was a very upright man, Kingsley Mortimer Raw. A Christian, scientist and physicist. The school hall was a very posh barn shaped room, he sat on a magnificent oak throne. I was in the science sixth, and as a leaving present, a few of us rigged up a pressure switch to the chair, open under the (150-200kg) of the chair but would close when he sat. Connected to an igniter, and mole killers, and a little iodine something or other to make the smoke purple. And so he disappeared, in front of 400 boys. And no investigation took place. Everything was home made, and designed by us, from scratch,even the switch, care was taken no damage was caused, and he saw no reason to punish cleverness, and creativity. So my physics teacher told me, with a calm look straight into me eyes, as warning enough. Would not be so today.

going to the doctor's in theearly 70's ..... knocking on the door.......come in she shouted...opened the door...couldn't see her for smoke...she used to sit at her desk smoking like a goodin...she's still there...dont know if she still smokes now..... teeth 2 ....how times have changed.........

ken anderson...ne....1 smoking dept.

Posted by ken anderson. on 10/02/2016 14:32:26:

going to the doctor's in theearly 70's ..... knocking on the door.......come in she shouted...opened the door...couldn't see her for smoke...she used to sit at her desk smoking like a goodin...she's still there...dont know if she still smokes now..... teeth 2 ....how times have changed.........

ken anderson...ne....1 smoking dept.

Bit of a dragon, was she, Ken ? teeth 2

Edited By PatMc on 10/02/2016 15:51:48