Super 60 trainer Ben Buckle

Don Fry

My tyro had maidened, so he will henceforth be known as David. Today was light winds, very cold early on. Motor runs OK, VECO 40, with a Perry carb on closer examination. No one is that familiar with these, between us we think we know, so it runs OK, but not fine tuned yet. Plane flies very nicely. Found out my flying mate is a BFMA Club instructor, so he has acquired the duties. David at one point managed 2 circuits before the hurried return of the tranni. He is very pleased, and tired.

Advert

David,

I have a Penn Models Super 60 for many years, tan and red solar tex covered with an OS48 Surpass up the front.

Of course there is only one way to improve the flight characteristics of this old favourite wink 2

I am sure I have seen a low wing version advertised somewhere, Ben Buckle perhaps?

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 02/04/2016 13:37:30

The low wing super 60 may be regarded to some as disgraceful behaviour and an insult to a well revered and respected model behaviour on a par with goosing the dowager. However if you are happy to be disrespectful I would certainly build one. It is a magnificent model so smooth and good tempered Ok it's not hairy not the choice if you want to fly full aerobatics but so lovely to fly. As for setting up a perry carb well that is fun the disc does not need to be moved far and if the fuel isn't totally clean it is easy to block and the mixture ends up all over the place. One concern about the Veco is that it belongs to an era when we were not so conscious of noise and the silencer is not what we expect these days