TorqPro TP70-FS 70cc Gas Engine

flight1

Yea our 120 is fond of a few revs but to be honest the 100 will still rev happily to 9k and how much more do you really need? Its surprising how long the stroke needs to be before you see a nice peak in hp with a drop either side.

In any case, i did a trawl through some other forums (yes, there are others ) and details are thin on the ground regarding the torqpro

• 6 months later...
Advert

Well I have finally got this engine up and running. will be run in in plane as per instruction Valvoline Synpower 2T at 40;1 more oil than this will cause harm. I have baffled the engine in the cowl to aid cooling so time will tell if I have done that right. It started easy after I had taken the pug out and cleaned the oil off it as I had put a bit of oil in it to make sure there is some in it for first start but as had done this a couple of weeks ago and with the engine inverted it had fowled the plug.

stopped it and let i cool down after only 1/4 tank l fuel consumed checked over plane . Started again two flicks and ran as per video below.

Toped up and maiden the 30% tiger moth 1/4 throttle was all that was require and flew was FANTASTIC had a home made silencer which made it sound good too and was in our club noise limit of 84DB on a 24X10 prop.

She was way over powered and would like a 50cc version of this to be ideal, will report more as time goes on

ted By flight1 on 02/06/2018 22:33:04

Edited By flight1 on 02/06/2018 22:33:56

• 1 year later...