Blade CX2 C of G?

Tim Kearsley

hi guys well just finished putting the extreme sport kit on my CX2 looks good apart from the canopy which is clear so nees painting . transformed it, dont know what it flies like as ts blowing hard and pouring with rain. id  put a pic on but it keeps telling me the file is to big and im not that computer savvy to know how to alter it. Kevin

managed to get out today after monsoon of last few days. modified CX2 going o.k. very twitchy but o.k. doesnt climb as fast as standard one but its heavier. my new one was at about 20ft. had a blade clash and trashed the complete body aaargh! luckily ive got the body of the modded one to keep me going. extended shaft on order. Kevin

• 5 months later...

Hi ,  You have to remember that flying a heli is all about balance. You need to set up the correct trim via the swash plate to start with. I use both E flight and Flight power batteries. As the flight power battery is slightly longer than E flight, this can be used to change the C of G.

As they say 'it all hangs in the balance'

Kind regards
Gordon

TIM, WHEN I BOUGHT MINE, DESPITE IT SAYING IT IS TEST FLOWN AT THE SOURCE I STILL HAD TO MESS ABOUT WITH THE SERVO CONTROL ARMS TO GET IT TO HOVER . WHEN I FIRST FLEW IT IT WENT BACKWARDS WITH HANDS OFF, SO I MOVED THE STICK WHICH WOULD MAKE IT GO FORWARDS, MADE A NOTE OF WHICH ARM IT WAS THAT CONTROLLED THE MOVEMENT, MADE A NOTE OF IF IT NEEDED MOVING OUT OR IN AND MADE THE ADJUSTMENTS. TOOK A FEW GOES TO GET IT RIGHT ON, I MUST ADD THAT THIS GREAT LITTLE TOY WILL NOT HOVER ON THE BUTTON BUT CLOSE. TRY THE FLIGHTPOWER UPGRADED BATTERY IT IS LONGER BUT HAS MORE JUICE SO THE COPTER FLYS BETTER FASTER AND FOR LONGER. THE BATTERY IS CHEAPER THAN THE EFLIGHT ONE AS WELL.

My CX2 flew fine for lots of flights ,then for no apparent reason, it wanted to fly forward all the time even with full back trim and a good amount of stick input??
I have added a bit of weight to the tail and moved the battery back  4cm it now flys ok.
Must be some other reason for the trim change,not being a heli person I have no idea how to correct this 

Cheers

Kelvin