One of the designs in the voting list is Rizzla by Gary Vinten -- can anyone tell me where the plan for that is available?

Actually I thought that the first version of Rizzla was the original inspiration for the Swamp Rat and that this latest version was a Swamp Rat modified for electric. Is it now a published design in its own right? It's a fine looking model and a very worthwhile project but for a Mass Build we need a plan that is easily available to anyone.

Advert

Well that says its got a different wing section, different tail, and thinner fuselage. So unless there is actually a plan that can be obtained surely it cannot be a Mass Build contender? Don't get me wrong I think it's a fine design and you will see somewhere on the forum that I strongly recommended to Gary that he should get it published ----- but for a Mass Build we need a published plan so that even novice builders can have a go.

Posted by kc on 02/11/2016 18:01:34:

One of the designs in the voting list is Rizzla by Gary Vinten -- can anyone tell me where the plan for that is available?

Actually I thought that the first version of Rizzla was the original inspiration for the Swamp Rat and that this latest version was a Swamp Rat modified for electric. Is it now a published design in its own right? It's a fine looking model and a very worthwhile project but for a Mass Build we need a plan that is easily available to anyone.

Hi KC.

Swamp Rat RCM&E August 2013. Plan now available from Traplet, but I'm sure David won't mind me telling you that I have a copy if you want to PM me. wink

Thanks for the offer Kevin but I have already built a Swamp Rat! ( Gary rather goaded me into building it and I then tried to persuade him to get his electric version published but nothing has happened yet -- RCME seem to have missed a good electric design here )

But my point is that the latest version called Rizla is not a Swamp Rat it's highly modified and that version does not seem to have been published.