2 o more lipos

Chris gregg

Advert

When worked hard it's the speed controller that tends to overheat first. You should not have a problem at this time of year & the Apprentice is pretty easy on all it's components, but as Dennis says do check. Just put a finger on the ESC & motor, if no warmer than that of a cool cup of tea it's good to go.

At Oshkosh this year in July they were operating an Apprentice continuously at 'KidVenture' giving youngsters a first taste of RC, with the temperatures in the 80's (as the Americans say - about 30C), it gave no trouble.

Hi I agree with the others, heat won t be an issue,however another point to bear in mind is why rush? If that first flight is , say 10 minutes and you sling in the next battery and fly for another 10 minutes what are you going to do for the rest of the day.

If you field charge , even then, do the sums. That first battery will need the bast part of an hour so after your second flight you will then have to kick your heels for at least half an hour before you can have another flight and the charger is freed up for the second battery .Ultimately you will aquire more batterys and more chargers Yesterday for instance I took 3 batterys and with the aid of 2 chargers had five flights, I didnt even bother to get the second model out for which I had 4 batts as I was happy wandering around talking to my mates, As Denis says relax and enjoy your fluing

Posted by gangster on 05/11/2016 13:37:27:

One thing I would also add is don't put your used lipo on charge immediately. Let it cool for a few minutes first.

True but yesterday I was in no rush to get them on the charger, I was appreciating using them as hand warmers!

The converse of that is put your second LiPo in your pocket to warm it up before flying on it

Posted by Dave Hopkin on 05/11/2016 13:59:29:
The converse of that is put your second LiPo in your pocket to warm it up before flying on it

Is this wise? If it were to fail - if for instance you tripped and banged it against something sharp and metallic - the results could be horrid.

At the very least, make sure that there is nothing conductive in your pocket.

Plummet