Aurora 9x self inflected problem

David  Stembridge

I was programing a new model into my 9x when I got disturbed. I had only got as far as entering the model name instead of leaving it and going back I just switched it off. Now when I switch on and press transmit all paramaters are wrong so it won't start. It won't let me in on "don't transmit". So I am stuck can anyone help please.Not a great start to the New Year!!

Edited By David Stembridge on 01/01/2017 17:11:26

Advert

Multiplex have a technical foruml, with factory support here http://technikforum.multiplex-rc.de/ and it covers Hitec as well, it's in German but if you use Google Chrome browser it translates very well, if you post your question there you may get some help.

The other thing you could try is removing the battery and leaving it for a while and then retry, long shot but it might just work.

Reset, the best hint of all
As you program a model into any computer radio, especially one as sophisticated as the Aurora 9X, it is easy to make a mistake. If “things”
just are not working the way they should, start over. There are thirty model memories in the Aurora 9X. Start a new model or Reset the
current one in the System-MDL Sel. menu. You will lose all the programming you have done for that model up to that point, but starting
over is the best “cure” for 90% of all “problems” modelers have with programming issues.
With very complex models, it would be wise to “save” a programming sequence by periodically using the Copy option in the model select
menu.

This is a long shot, but the Aurora 9 uses much of its power having the screen lit up for long periods, and the manufacturer even recognises that this much reduces the "on" time. Is it possible that on a low battery that the " on " time was extensive and maybe the Tx needs charging up. Do check, I do know it is a long shot.

Hi All

I have tried all the above, but still have the problem. I have spoken to Perkins Tech Dept.There view was that it will need a factory reset.So it's in a box going to Kent. All my model memory will go,not great.Note self back up model settings in the future.

Thanks for all your suggestions.It's great knowing that people are willing to try and help.

Dave