DX7 Black - sudden 'System Fault' - waaaah?!

Jonathan M

My 18-month old DX7 has suddenly had a mental breakdown. I had just exported all my new and revised model settings to the SD card then saved them onto my Mac, but when I put the SD card back in the RX's slot the screen went well funny. Now when I power it up, all I get is:

Your system has a hardware fault which prevents safe operation!

Please return it for service.

T-Code: 00006E4Dh

I-Code: 0302F000h

Sequence: 0

I'll be on the blower to Horizon Hobby tomorrow - hopefully they'll accept it direct in the post from me rather than via my LMS. I don't know if its still in warranty and all that, but the real nuisance is that I'm not due back at work for another week! Uuurg!

Edited By Jonathan M on 02/01/2017 19:57:23

Advert

Reading your post, I assume you inserted the card when the Tx was switched on, which is a big no-no....smile o Make sure the Tx is switched off before inserting or removing the card.

It might be worth removing the card and battery, leaving it for a few minutes then re-insert the battery and try switching on. You've a 50/50 chance it might work...

Probably worth doing a full format of the card on your PC before inserting it into the TX again.

If that doesn't work, HH should put you rightthumbs up

It can also be worth posting this over on the RCG thread, where Andy Kunz will normally give a fairly quick answer as to a solution or return to base is necessary.

Pete

Yes.... I didn't switch the TX off when inserting and removing the SD card! crying

The ever-so-clever screen menu doesn't mention this particular caution, and I didn't have the manual open in front of me at the precise moment!

Tried battery removal etc, but problem remains. Not a member of RCG, but will call HH tomorrow.

Cheers!

Jonathan

I had a similar problem on a friends Taranis, which I fixed by doing this:

1. Put SD card into PC.

2. Copy the entire card contents into a new folder on the PC.

3. Format the SD card in the PC by right clicking and selecting "Format" - "FAT32".

4. When complete, copy the new folder contents back to the SD card.

5. Put SD card back in tranny (with power off) and try it.

Nope, formatting the SD card etc hasn't made any difference: looks like the DX7 will need to be sent off.

But can at least fairly quickly programme up my old DX6i to fly the Acro-Wot in the interim. Actually I'm fed up with getting glow-fuel, oil and mud all over the 7. Modern ergo, over-styled trannies aren't exactly the cleverest when it comes to keeping them clean. Might just permanently dedicate the 6i for IC flying... along with a dedicated set of old clothing!

My main reason, however, for upgrading to the new 7 was to give me greater flight-mode sophistication for my Blaster3 DLG (in the final stages of radio and control-linkages installation). The only TX cleverness the Acro-Wot might benefit from is a bit of CAR mixing, plus a few mm droop on both ailerons with slight up elevator mixed in for short landings - both of which are just achievable with the mute 6i.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 03/01/2017 11:00:08