Specky 2.4

Doug Ireland

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question gents regarding orientation of the two rx parst of the 2.4 set-up. The RD921 main part (with the servo sockets in it) has two short aerials, one out of the top of the case and another at 90 degrees to it. The other bit has two aerials opposite each other. My question is, how do I mount these in the airframe?

I was a bit apprehensive about the "binding" process as described in the supplemental instructions but it seems to have worked ok.

Another thing, the manual states that a 3S LiPo SHOULD NOT be used in the tx as 12.6v is a bit OTT!

A very toughy-feely piece of kit is the new DSX9!!!

I have the main RX mounted flat with the servo connections  facing the engine . The second RX is mounted on the Fuz side with the antenas running along the length of the model. This is in a 110" 45cc powered Bipe.

In a different model the main RX is mounted on top of the fuel tank and the second one on the side.

Works perfectly. I am sure there is two much hype about where to place the RXs. Just get them 90* to each other and it works for me.

Why would you want to fit a lipo in the TX. I get a full days flying from the supplied battery ,thats probably close to 20 flights on a good day and it is still no where near flat.

As f
Doug Ireland wrote (see)

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if Australian spec 2.4 gig sets are ok for the UK

As far as I understand the legislation if the unit does not have the CE mark on it then it is illegal in the UK unless a letter is obtained stating that the unit complies with the UK legislation.  If you go to the GBRCAA site there is a very informative thread there on compliance.

Mike

Got a bit of a head-scratcher with the Fail-Safe on the DSX9 that I could do with some help on?

I had to reverse the throttle servo in my latest creation and as a consequence it moves to full open when the tx power is removed instead of closed. I'm sure it has something to do with the "binding" as the fail-safe is part of the process. Any idea guys?