Paint match for red solartex?

Scott Lawson

Having just covered and applied the decals to the fuselage of my Tigermoth, I've discovered I've made a bit of a faux pas.

I need to paint the cowl. Now what I should have done was paint the fuselage and cowl together but in my rush to progress my pile of stick to an aeroplane shape I go carried away...

Anyone know if there's a suitable paint match available for red solartex? Red being a perticularly hard colour to match.

I'm hoping to not have to peel the decals off and paint the whole lot!

Scott.

I believe Solafilm make paint to match - SolarLac iirc.

I have just visited their website and it is not listed anymore so sorry!

My eyes are not working today - I have just revisited the website and indeed it is still available.

Edited By FlyinBrian on 21/02/2017 12:04:17

Edited By FlyinBrian on 21/02/2017 12:24:01

I have used Solarlac with both Solarfilm and Oratex, it looked OK on my old Matador, junior 60 and Super 60. i have also used 'Gluelines Spectra' which seemed to match the red Solarfilm on my old Easy Rider and the Oracover on my Super Air.

I have just noticed that others have had problems with Spectra paint as detailed on earlier blogs..

p7150069.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 21/02/2017 14:58:54

Thanks for the replies everyone! The solarlac paint codes seem very confusing, I'd probably get it wrong and have to buy 2 tins, a very expensive cowling.

I trotted along to B&Q, got a tester pot of Valspar mixed up to match the tex. 250ml for £3, can't complain!

I'll post a pic when it's painted to see how good the match it.

Scott.