Request for assistance

Hi All

Anybody got direct experience of putting electric motor in a model of the following size & type please?

If so, could you please suggest a power train for the following?

Size 80-inch span and length, weight about 20lbs. Wing area: 7.2sq.ft. Wing loading (calculated) approx. 2.78lbs/sq ft. Type: WW2 fighter of good performance.

Many thanks in advance,

maurice

Advert

That's a lot of weight for an 80 inch plane Maurice! Has it got a full load of bombs on? I've put a motor in a 88 inch Mick Reeves Hurricane, all up weight 13lbs, pulling 2000 watts. I think your gonna need one of the Turnigy Aerodrive 6364/6374 motors? They pull over 2000 watts on a 12 s 19 or 20 inch prop? On a warbird, I like over 100 watts per pound. Hobbyking sell em.

The rules are if your projected build weight will be over 20kg, the build needs to be inspected and registered.

I have an unflown airframe at 19kg. I thought it wise for some expertise and the LMA where only too glad to look over the airframe and make recommendations. Better safe than sorry.

Posted by Denis Watkins on 18/03/2017 13:42:02:

Hi Maurice

If you are in the UK, are you a member of the LMA, as they have a schedule and the expertise for such a build

I thought that D.W. Might have got the lbs and kg muddled. Apologies to Denis if I did him wrong.blush

Edited By cymaz on 18/03/2017 15:28:08