Sbus Receivers

CARPERFECT

Any one on here have any experience of using Futaba Sbus Receivers ? I am just feeling the ground, but i am getting confused a bit as to how many channels you can have. The R6208SB receiver in the specs it says 8/18 which i take to mean 8 on the normal channels and 18 on the sbus. ? so do you get 26 channels 8+18 or 8 +10 =18 ? The R7006SB and R7008SB receivers just say 6+ and 8+ channels. These three receivers are all on the FASST protocol.

The S FHSS R2008SB says 8 channel +sbus ? and the T-FHSS R3006SB AND R3008SB say 6/32 and 8/32 channels .

Advert

It's 8 pwm channels (normal servos) or up to 18 channels via the Sbus, or you can have 8 channels on the rx and have 10 more channels running via the sbus. If you are using sbus servos, you can program them and have them all running off one cable, or you can use an sbus decoder to drive standard servos (never tried using multiple hubs but regularly use a 3 channel hub on 7008sb rx to get 10 channels).

If using the 700SB you loose one of the rx channels when changing mode as channel 8 becomes the sbus port (don't run anything but telemetry through sbus2).

I tend to use 7008SB rx's as you get the Fasstest protocol and my main functions run to the 7 channels on the rx. I then set up the hub for channel 9, 10 and 11 for less important controls (I never use channel 8 but you can). Even in my jets I don't use more than 10 channels that often so a perfect solution.

You could also go for the Powerbox Expander which uses the cheaper 3 channel sbus rx's, but allows you to use 18 channels for standard servos. You can also run twim rx's for redundancy.

I don't like the full sbus system as one bad servo can take the whole lot down, plus I don't own sbus servos.

Simon

I have had a T8j TX for a couple of years now, and managed ok with the 8 channels. Last year when i built a Cessna 337, and started to try get all 10 servo leads back to the rx which is attached to the under side of the wing/tail booms, it was all tight and messy. I ended up fitting two RX. One in the fuselage for the two engines and the nose wheel, and one on the under side of the wing, 2 rudder, 2 flaps,2 aileron, 1 elevator and 1 for the lighting system . I have since bought a T10J, without the rx. Before spending lots of money buying Futaba sbus equipment, i did a bit of reading. (Not Enough) I bought a cheap servo plus a decoder and programmer from china plus a Orange RSF08SB RX(mistake)

When Futaba first brought out the S fhss protocol, they only made the 6J and 8J, The 8J having sbus, So they only made the R2008sb rx, and has only 8 channels in total, and Orange have made a copy the RSF08SB

This is copied from the HK website.

This receiver supports 8 channels using its SBus output which is in itself an excellent feature for use with multi-rotor flight controllers such as the KK2.1, APM, MultiWii and others. It ALSO has 7 conventional servo outputs for those wishing not to use the SBus feature or you can combine the Sbus with the conventional channels.

Me thinks thats 8+7 =15. Not so. They are the same 8 channels. On Futabas FASST protocol Rx they have a mode button to change how the rx works the R6208sb does 8 on the pins and 18 through the subs, depending which mode you have put it in.

Conclusion is i have to buy the Futaba T-FHSS rx r3006sb or r3008sb but these will only work with the T10J

£43 and £50. Might just stick to using two RX in the Cessna

PS i have contacted HK about how the RSF08SB specs are worded , no response yet. Or did i read it wrong ?

Edited By CARPERFECT on 21/03/2017 08:34:35

Edited By CARPERFECT on 21/03/2017 08:35:55

Hi chaps excuse my ignorance please, but what part do you need to buy to act as a hub ? Is it another receiver? I use R7008sb receivers in my models but haven't yet needed to use a "hub" but my latest P51 project has 10 servos and I would rather use separate channels for them on my 14sg transmitter. Please could you let me know what I should buy. I would rather use non subs servos if possible? To give me more choice and possibly cheaper.

Here's the Futaba decoder http://www.nexusmodels.co.uk/futaba-sbd-1-s-bus-servo-decoder-400mm-sbd1-3003.html there are other compatible makes, and you could if you wanted use something like a Powerbox, Multiplex Wingstabi, or even an S Bus compatible flight controller to link to your Rx and distribute the controls.

Posted by Mike Blandford on 24/03/2017 13:20:29:

If you are in to using Arduinos, you may be interested in this: **LINK**.

It takes the SBUS signal and provides 16 individual servo outputs. It includes options to swap the outputs of channels 1-8 and 9-16, and another to change to 8 channel only mode but with a servo update rate of 9mS for digital servos.

Mike.

They work too - Mike's S.Bus decoders.

Here's a couple I made. A 16ch version and an 8ch one.

1-img_20170324_133414.jpg

Hi Chris,

I'm interested, but for a different project I am developing. My project is based on the MiniPro as shown in the foreground, but I am not keen in soldering all the servo pins/connections. Hence the question, is the larger board a commercially available Arduino(clone) board?

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 24/03/2017 17:36:46

"Rescue" Rob, Mar 23, 20:51 HKT:

Hello Paul-grice,

I will have the nomenclature on the site updated since my research further into this confirms these RXs and the Futaba R2008SB it's based on are 8 ch RXs, not 15 channels. From the R2008SB manual:
S.BUS port: R2008SB can be used up to 8 channels, however, it differs according
to the transmitter.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Rob

HobbyKing US Product Support Team

So they are only 8 channel, and they are to change the wording in the item description on the website. 

I can return them at my cost  they say. and will consider a refund.  so will keep then for spares, or use them in my water planes. at £16.30 cheap enough to get wet. Gone and bought a Futaba R3008SB  £50 After i got this from Futaba USA.

Edited By CARPERFECT on 24/03/2017 19:21:55

Posted by Max Z on 24/03/2017 17:12:22:

Hi Chris,

I'm interested, but for a different project I am developing. My project is based on the MiniPro as shown in the foreground, but I am not keen in soldering all the servo pins/connections. Hence the question, is the larger board a commercially available Arduino(clone) board?

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 24/03/2017 17:36:46

Hi Max yes I found it on Ebay. Can't remember quite where from but This looks the same

Those receivers are T-FHSS telemetry receivers. The "32" in their designation
means that they have 32 "slots" of telemetry information that they can transmit
back to the transmitter. The first number, the "6" or "8" are the number of pin
connectors available to use for servos or other devices (like a gyro or
governor). They also have an S-Bus output, which sends as many control channels
as are in your transmitter. For 10 channels, you can use the output pins on the receiver for the first six
or eight functions and then use the S-Bus for the rest, or control all through
the S-Bus. Your choice.