Frsky lock out problems

GONZO

**LINK**

Read past the initial posts and do a scan through. Anyone on here had this problem or can provide more information? Seems to be with current(?) LBT and 'rest of world' firmware, if I've understood correctly. Probably no problem to me as I left all mine on pre 2015 firmware.

Advert

Not a FRSky problem at all - the cheap had a damaged HT lead on a petrol engine that can cause pretty wide band RF interference - I'd wager everything and anything would have locked out in this case.

I see that there is a problem with the RX maybe not rebooting or resetting after the RF swamping, it looks like firmware has been updated some-when along the way.  If you are at all worried, I'd update to the latest firmware to take into account all fixes.

Edited By Andy Meade on 24/03/2017 13:06:10

As I read it, the problem is still being worked on by FrSky and the latest updates don't necessarily guarantee fault-free operation if the rx's front end is blatted by spurious RF.

I speak as an enthusiastic ab initio FrSky user (got my gear from Giant Cod!!) who last year suffered a string of failures I could not isolate. I thought I had resolved it by buying a new module for my tx. The tx and the old module were given a clean bill of health by Mike Ridley.  

Now I'm left wondering whether it was the rx's all along...

Edited By Mike T on 26/03/2017 19:19:46

• 6 months later...