Finnish Brewster 1/3,4 scale

Hi,

Just started full composite Brewster project. Have been studying composites hard way about decade now. Finally bought a vacuum pump and that made me much better with composites.

10 years getting all the information from this rare plane. Tikkakoski museum is 140km away from home and there is BW-372. Trying to make so accurate as possible this time. Been hitting my head on wall many times with Brewster. Its finally getting easier with all the info. Been flying smaller Brewsters several times and its truly nice flying plane with no bad habbits.

1/8 scale honeycomb Brewster weights only 1600grams, so its extremely light. Some pics from it. This bigger plane will be monster with124inch/314cm span. DA-170 reserved for power. Radial would be nice but is so expensive for me at this point, maybe later..

More from this soon!

Cheers

-Jukka-

img_2681.jpg

img_2705.jpg

img_2706.jpg

1/8 scale honeycomb Brewster 2nd flight.

img_2737 (2).jpg

DA-170 fits nicely inside cowl.

Advert

Thank Colin!

Just loving that chubby shape of Brewsters. The kill ratio was truly remarkable, highest at finnish service, Fiat G50 and Bf-109-g2-g6 came close. Pilot skills were high because only best pilots got Brewsters. One thing was the cyclone engine was reliable and service crew very skilled also. Pilots loved Brewster, it was easy to fly and manouvrable. Following pilots lost the planes if trying stay after tight turning BW. Many times fights were at low altitude under clouds.

This chubby plane will be easier to see on grey sky.

-Jukka-

Its not so difficult as it looks at 1st. Jig must be done to get main leg angles correct. Then its very simple.Only hard work.

Some pics from blueprint details. There is 3 different sized rivets. Going to cover the plug with lithoplate so tools needs to be made. Took 30minutes. Stripes tell me the size of the rivet. Sample rivets in pic.

Cheers

-Jukka-

img_2758 (2).jpg

img_2755 (2).jpg

img_2752 (2).jpg

• 2 weeks later...