Theft From Cars...

Good turnout at the club today and loads of cars in the carpark, our carpark has a locked gate, Don Valley MFC South Yorkshire.

One of our lads heard a bang then car alarm going off, so a couple of lads ran across, 2 motorbikes ouside the gate and 2 lads running out of the field and getting on to the pillion, 2 cars with windows broken and things stolen, another car with brick marks on the window where they tried and failed. Police told us there had been a lot of incidents in Donny today with the same M.O.

Not looking for sympathy folks, no one was hurt.

Keep your wits about you and leave nothing on show even though you're off the road and feel safe, this type of crime moves around till the cretins get caught.

First incident in over 30 years sad

John...crime watch Dept

We had a theft of an aeroplane out of a car from the club carpark. Everyone was in the pits or flying but this car was unlocked! All our cars are locked now. We are 300 yards up a rough stone track...not suitable for a fast getaway but they managed it.

Sorry to hear the news of your break-ins sad

yoof of today- good idea to remind everyone on the forum. Where's an "out of control" FPV quadcopter when you need one eh?

Surprisingly despite flying next to a Prison and having to park quite a way away from the pitch (leaving our cars unattended) we've never had any issues with stuff being nicked. I'm not sure whether the local tea-leafs are all tucked away "inside" hoping our quads are going to drop presents or just we're cautious and tend to keep things locked out of site as we're so far away from the cars. We do however still have an issue with people on the strip- in our case dog-walkers. Despite big signs saying not to, dog-walkers insist on walking their dogs diagonally across the landing strip (usually whilst someone is landing a very large noisy brightly coloured plane that is really quite hard to miss). The last person I yelled at for doing this came over to ask why- "it's only a toy plane". I just said

"you see that sharp spiny thing on the front of the plane doing up to 10,000rpm- if that hits your dog whilst you're meandering across the runway I probably just have to fit a new propeller to my plane, you'll be trying to fit a new face to your dog".

I think I heard a penny dropping.... I think people just don't (think).

Posted by john stones 1 on 24/04/2017 12:51:28:
Posted by Andy48 on 24/04/2017 11:28:47:

When I was in the army we used to have families complete with kids and pushchairs ignoring all the warning signs and red flags, and walking across a firing range where we were firing live ammunition.

Seems a bit harsh, could you not afford some targets then ?kulou

...................................................................................................................

go on john... teeth 2

ken Anderson...ne......1.... LOL dept.