What paint to tint a windscreen?

Allan Bennett

I want to tint the windows of my 550-size Bell JetRanger heli a sort of mid-grey to hide the internals. For a couple of seasons I've used tint film, the sort used on full-size cars, but it's bubbling and peeling off and looking awful.

I believe that Tamya used to do a range of special paints for this purpose, but I can't find any such thing on their web site or at my local model shop. Does anyone have suggestions of paints (or stains) that would do the job nicely please.

Advert

• 1 year later...

Back in my slot car racing days (mid 60,s ) we use to buy "jelly mold " transparent car bodies , usually of the U.S,saloon cars of that era, they all looked the same , but were larger than the British saloon cars , some bright spark discovered that if you covered the inside with flourescent pen markers the rougher the better, then sprayed the inside of the body with hair spray- harmony from wolworths seemed to work the best, maybe because it was the cheapest brand, the results were a amazing psycodelic finish as the hair spray reacted with the marker . Probably highly illegal now in our health and safety world.