Lidl XL glider conversions - Having fun with a £7.99 Lidl Glider converted to Radio Control

Advert

• 1 month later...
Posted by Mowerman on 05/07/2017 12:25:39:

Neil if they(Lidl) saw the interest on this site ( 120 posts in such a short time II am sure they would try for more stock.

Most unlikely!!! Lidl are no doubt desperate to avoid any more of those scenes that occurred with the last lot:

Little boy nagged his mother all the way around the store to get him a glider, only to find when she finally relented, that the 'nasty man' scooped up the entire stock for himself right under their noses. Cue waterworks and wailing from sprog and the store manager getting a never to be forgotten verbal handbagging, in the middle of the shop, from a very disgruntled customer...

Of course this scene is entirely hypothetical; but who on modelflying.co.uk, would be willing to give up their Lidl glider until it is 'prised from their cold, dead hands'? laugh

P.S,  I do hope they get some more, as I missed out!

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 11/08/2017 23:14:00

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have not finished converting mine yet BUT

But in THE WORKS shop they are selling a bigger glider kit , not epp and probably not quite the quality but for £10 it could be fun to "muck about with " or muck up which ever is your 4tey !

cheers

pete

Evil Lidl, Maiden and how I made it.
3x HD 65 servos, 30 Amp esc, 40 mm edf, 1050 mha 3 cell 40 c, it need a good battery with c rating around 50
CG on 60 mm
I have now changed the 40 mm EDF to a 50 mm 12 blade DRmadthrust, and 4 cell 1300 65 c battery, and this is a really great set up, at 485 gram AUW
Cheers
Soren

• 3 weeks later...

lidl004.jpglydl003.jpglydl 002.jpgencouraged by what I have read in the forums on this little lidl glider ,I went and got one a couple of weeks ago .

Modded it to 4 channel , aileron servos flat in the wings , rudder servo hidden in the fin , elevator servo buried in the tail plane , all to make it look smooth , with a lidl 001.jpgpower pack consisting of an Eflite 370 motor and a 450Ma 3s lipo and it goes like a home sick angel , surprisingly well , just need a few clicks of down to produce a very good cheap fun aircraft .

Pete

• 2 months later...