HardSell or optimism

flytilbroke

In the last hour I have had TWO phones calls from RCM&E`s call centre. It appears I only read my mag occasionaly, well according to them that is.

Seems they don`t believe I have a subscription..... perhaps thats because I have never had one of the "freebies"

Anyway both the guys were polite, as is my question.

How many phonecalls is RCM&E gonna get a bill for?

Just need Graham to take a weekend off from his Editor duties and come North to the Loch Leven splashin and he can have fun at a great venue, and do his own reporting.

Advert

Ok David,

A lighthearted saga of never having a Subscriber freebie as every year I re-NEW a subscription. I am registered not to be pestered by marketing, and as such I should need to give permission for contacts, NOT opt-out.

Thanks for the reply though. Perhaps you would like the Loch Leven Splash-in

Regards

I've had two calls as well . On the second one I asked "How did you get hold of my tel no ?".The caller had said on the first call Quote " Do you buy your RCM&E from a shop  & if so  would you be interested in a subscription ??"  to which I replied  that I already HAD a subscription ! Going back to the second call he told me he got my tel no because I HAD a subscription !

I should add, both the first and second caller asked whether I subscribed or bought the magazine from a shop etc., and then when asked how he had obtained our ex-directory number the seond caller said it was from the mag subscription!

Whilst no-one would object to being asked for their views on the content of RCME etc it was apparent that the purpose of the call was to sell subscriptions to other magazines - I think the offer was a starting subscription of 3 for a £. Again, they have a need to drum up business, I guess, but it would be less intrusive to receive this kind of offer by e-mail or through the post rather than by telephone.

End of whinging!

We are simply trying to raise the profile of the magazine and increase our subscriber base. We currently have a subscription marketing agency calling people that we know have read the magazine, usually competition entrants or people that had a subscription in the past.

I appologise to those of you that found this obtrusive, we do check our files against the live subscriber files and data protection preferences ticked on the entry forms.

In short we are offering new Uk subscribers 3 issue for £1 for thier first payment and then  just £8.99 there after saving 21% - anyone intesrested please call 08456 777 807 and quote reference number T010.

Thanks

Daniel

Magicalia Marketing

I take it that you are the Daniel Webb that I spoke to in Marketing after my two calls. I was more concerened that it was a scam to get hold of our credit card details as the "researchers" that spoke to me sounded a bit like they didn't know what they were talking about.

Hi David,

I know you and Graham are a considerable distance away, so twas just a litle bit tongue in cheek invite even though sincerely meant. We waterplane fliers would make you welcome as we do others. A friendly bunch whatever the venue. Loch Leven Splash-in is on the 16/17th August, run by the Balbedie MFC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel, hello

My wife got the next one today, she was NOT as polite as I was the first twice.

If it happens again I think Data Protection or whatever agency deals with this form of intrusion will be asked to intervene. If that does not work...even though I like RCM&E

The answer is likely to be counter-productive from your point of view . There are other mags.