Plans service & Shop

Advert

There are other plans services likes Derek's plans here. Also, Aerofred here and Outerzone, here. Traplet plans are currently not available. Please do not discuss them on this site as the host, RCM&E, do not wish the discussion of the problems of a competitor on their website, - fair enough. Three threads have been locked already, you have been warned! Good luck.

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 30/07/2017 09:49:38

Tim

Until the dust settles and the future is clear for the vast collection of plans that was the plans service the only options you have are the link below, he also has an EBay shop, does supply printed copy rather than files, I can recommend him.

**LINK**

Other than that there is Outerzone and Aerofred as free downloads.

I'm confused.

I thought the owners of this forum had no connection with those who shall not be named.......secretsecret

However, when you click on 'SHOP' at the top of this very forum it goes to that very same 'shop closed' page of those who shall not be named...secretsecret

Chris seems to have missed last years news that MyHobbyStores plans and therefore all the old RCME, Radio Modeller, RC Scale Qtly, etc plans were transferred to Traplet. Hence the current unavailability.

Back issues of RCME with the pullout plans might still be availble but only fairly recent ones and presumably they will sell out of some popular plan issues.

Old magazines -some still with the pullout plans - are available from Magazine Exchange

Posted by Andrew Ray on 30/07/2017 10:49:34:

There must be a wealth of these currently unobtainable plans in the possession of forumites. With current technology it is easy enough to get a plan copied and downloaded for electronic transmission.

How about a plans wanted topic? If a design is wanted and someone is prepared to copy it would it be feasible to connect the two parties? Or is copyright going to be an issue?

They may be unobtainable at the moment, but someone, even if it's an official receiver, owns the copyright.

Copy and distribute at your peril...

Tim

It is a problem, there is no actual information as yet but these things take time to sort out, the information on the site could be more direct I guess to leave no ambiguity but there it is, the problem on here was the daft speculation and conspiracy theories that were banded about by a minority so best not to say anything until the facts come out which I am sure they will in the fullness of time I know of at least two who are actively looking at the plans but anymore than that would be speculation.

Meanwhile what are you actually looking for? I do have a fair collection myself so may be able to help although I am incapacitated presently it might be something I can lay my hands on.

In the light of previous threads here regarding Traplet, I'll lock off this thread until some hard information is available.

This and the other threads will serve to get the message over to those unaware of the current state of play.

Thanks for your understanding....

Pete

ps I can't see any reason why a plan swap thread cannot be started?

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 30/07/2017 12:08:47