3 position switch

michael cawood

hi all. can anybody help. I am trying to fit a Hobbyeagle A3-L gyro to a model.it has three flight modes: 1 stabilization on, 2 stabilization off, 3 3D stabilization on. this needs a 3 position switch. my tx . a futaba 6ex 2.4 has only 2 position switches. if I connect the mode switch to channel 5 (gear) it will only switch between 1 stabilize and 3 3D stabilize. it will not switch stabilization off. what is the difference between a 2 position switch and a 3 position switch, in regard to the signal to the rx, I would have thought a switch as either on or off or + off -.is there any way I can mix two switches channel 5 and 6 to simulate a 3 position switch or is there a way of getting stabilize on and off. also the gyro offers 3 servo frame rates 50, 125, 250 hz which one is best. mike

Advert

Mike, what the gyro wants to see on a channel is the equivalent of servo full left, center and full right. You should be able to configure one switch (say gear) in the servo travel in the end point adjustment so it switches between stablisation on and stabilisation off, by setting the end point in one direction to 0. It may then be possible to mix another switch channel to get the servo throw the other way to access the 3D gyro mode.

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 04/08/2017 18:43:27:

Mike, what the gyro wants to see on a channel is the equivalent of servo full left, center and full right.

...in which case, if you have a slider or rotary control you should be able to use it - there will most likely be points where the unit switches to the mid position around 33% and 66% - so with the slider anywhere vaguely around the middle (50%), there would be quite a large latitude for the mid position.

Edited By Martin Harris on 04/08/2017 19:02:20

Posted by Percy Verance on 04/08/2017 20:31:41:

Mike Ridley (ex Futaba service engineer) could fit a three position switch I'd have thought.......

Edited By Percy Verance on 04/08/2017 20:39:48

Providing the main board is set up for such an input, it may be looking for just a simple open/closed circuit.

As the Futaba 6ex has two user program 'mixes' it is possible to arrange two 2 position switches to give the 3 states required by the gyro.

I had the same issue with my gyro (off, on & heading hold) and after much trial and error managed it with my DX6i (equivalent to the Futaba 6ex) using the Gear and Flap switches, both user mixes and the appropriate travel limits.

A bit of pain to use as you had to positively remember which switch was set which way. wink 2