4 Aileron Ultimate Biplane

Gary Manuel

Got all channels working as required on GLIDER setup, by adding:

MIX4 = ELE+ - AUX2 at 100% weight to give 2nd Elevator half.

MIX5 = SPOI - AUX3 at 100% weight, to give a throttle.

AUX4 = TIME SW Active to give a Kill Switch on my sprung switch.

Just need to test it and sleep on it before deciding whether to live with trim on 2 surfaces only or whether to use the radical Glider mode settings.

Edited By Gary Manuel on 23/08/2017 21:35:53

Advert

Gary, this may be of no use to you given you'd need to buy a JR XG11 Tx and Rx. The XG11 Tx has a 4 aileron setup that, once selected, just works a treat. It may be that the DSX11 or 12 have this function as well. Perhaps a DSX 11/12 owner could chip in on whether these Tx have a 4 aileron wing as a selectable setting.

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 23/08/2017 22:53:28:

Just to clarify, all four servos respond to the Tx aileron trim button. Don`t know why it does not show up on the monitor. Ailerons are on ch. 2,5,6&7. Are you just looking on the monitor screen or do you actually have the servos connected?

I'm just looking on the monitor screen. I haven't tried a real receiver / servos as I assumed that the monitor screen gave a true indication of the servo outputs.

I've pretty much decided to go down the AERO setup rather than GLIDER. If all 4 servos follow the trim, that will be a bonus. If only 2 move, I'm sure it will be OK.

Posted by Peter Jenkins on 23/08/2017 23:51:17:

Gary, this may be of no use to you given you'd need to buy a JR XG11 Tx and Rx. The XG11 Tx has a 4 aileron setup that, once selected, just works a treat. It may be that the DSX11 or 12 have this function as well. Perhaps a DSX 11/12 owner could chip in on whether these Tx have a 4 aileron wing as a selectable setting.

Yes Peter, I did a bit of Googling yesterday and found a thread where this was being discussed.

It suggested that other people with 9 channel JR's had only managed to get 2 surfaces following the trims, whereas the 11/12 channels had 4 aileron setups.

I've tried binding to a receiver and 4 servos on the bench to see whether the servos behave differently to the monitor outputs.

I can confirm that only 2 out of the 4 servos are responding to trim switch adjustment, but all 4 respond to stick movement and have independent dual rates, expo, reverse, sub trims and travel adjustment - as indicated by the monitor screen.

Not sure what I'm doing different to you Martin. Google searches also suggest that other people have reported the same limitation. Is it possible that yours is the same but you haven't noticed that only 2 are moving with the trim buttons (subtrims do work OK - but not button switch trims)?

I checked my model last night before I posted and all four move with the button trim. Must be magic at work.

If I had not just reassembled it with all the rigging I could have checked further. I must admit that two/four trims working had not occurred to me before. Anyway, the model has never really needed any aileron trim added.

• 2 weeks later...