Steve Dunning R.I.P.

Martyn K

Hi all

It is my very sad duty to inform you that UKCAA Founder and ex Chairman Steve Dunning passed away last night after a lengthy illness.
I'll pass on more information as it becomes available but in the meantime, my thoughts are with his Wife and Son, Sue and Matt, at this very difficult time.
Martyn

Martyn, thank you so much for passing on this very bad news.

Sandra and I were arranging to visit Steve and Sue at some time in the very near future. I will avoid contacting Sue at what will be a very busy time for her, but this is one funeral that I feel I should make a real effort to be at - even if it is simply outside. I will keep checking in on this thread.

The loss of Steve is the loss of one very nice guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this...shocked.

Very sad to hear this news. I have been in contact with Steve over the past couple of years while building an old turnaround design. I was going to send him some photos of the finished model...

My condolences to his family, what a tough time they have had, with his father and uncle.

Chris Dodd

Apologies, I should have posted here earlier.

This is a transcript of an email that I sent to UKCAA members.

Martyn

--

I attended Steve's funeral It was very well attended, the crematorium was full and standing room only. I estimated that there was about 170 people there with a good representation from UKCAA, GBR/CAA and Retford MFC members.

I spoke to Sue and Matt (his son). I conveyed the thoughts that many of you have shared with me over the past few weeks. Sue asked me to thank UKCAA members for their good wishes and for the lovely flowers.

All in, a very sad day, it was clear that Steve had a lot of friends, both inside and outside the aeromodelling community. The Eulogy delivered was well researched with quotes from various Forum posts and his background in teaching and also his work getting the UKCAA off the ground. I was very proud and pleased to hear that the work he had done was considered to have made such an impact.

As I said, it was a very sad day, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

RIP Steve, fly high, gone but won't be forgotten